Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Butler kicked 3 goals when we beat Richmond earlier this year and Dusty kicked 0 goals.

Yet Dusty gets named as the AA forward pocket and Butler misses out.

Ratts should use that as motivation fuel for when we meet Richmond in the GF.

Old mate Plugger at it again.

Roarke Smith got 15 disposals when we played Hawthorn, while Tom Mitchell only got 12.

Yet Mitchell wins a Brownlow and Roarke misses out.

Beevo should use that as extra motivation from now.

Roarke Smith got 15 disposals when we played Hawthorn, while Tom Mitchell only got 12.

You are spot on. It’s a false equivalence, unfortunately a concept understood by few.

Attachments

• 7A1DA363-E681-491D-9123-0775594FC6B2.jpeg
    7A1DA363-E681-491D-9123-0775594FC6B2.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 94
Quote from a Saints fan in response to a North fan in their elim match thread
North have been irrelevant since 99 never been a real threat in any year since and guess what the next 10 to 15 isn't going to get any better so if I was you I'd be finding some other passion in your life for the time being. Our last 9 years haven't been great but we as supporters new what the club was trying to do. I don't know what your club is trying to do but I guess in 15 years we will find out

I'm not one to pick on clubs for a lack of success but I think this Saints fan hasn't read up on his own club's history.

Higgins + 25 for 16 (Geelong)
Brown for 14 (St.Kilda)
Polec for 27 (Dees)
Rd 2 2021 + Rd 3 2021 for Pick 12 (Pies - will need points for Nick Daicos)

Picks 2, 9, 12, 14, 16, 27

The Norf Trade and List Management thread is BF Comedy Gold

Higgins + 25 for 16 (Geelong)
Brown for 14 (St.Kilda)
Polec for 27 (Dees)
Rd 2 2021 + Rd 3 2021 for Pick 12 (Pies - will need points for Nick Daicos)

Picks 2, 9, 12, 14, 16, 27

The Norf Trade and List Management thread is BF Comedy Gold
Higgins isn't too far off if you swap it to one of geelongs later firsts.
No way anyone would give a first for brown easily the most fanciful.
Polec for 27 would be fair if north pay nearly all his salary.
Pies getting ripped even when norf win the spoon next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a good laugh at the bluemour thread just then. My god the level of delusion is off the charts. Not only is Hunter going to Carlton, but:
  • He wouldn't cost much at the trade table, and..
  • We need cap space so would be keen to move him on
I'm glad our board calls each other out on stupid suggestions, would hate to see our board develop into such a nuffy echo chamber

Had a good laugh at the bluemour thread just then. My god the level of delusion is off the charts. Not only is Hunter going to Carlton, but:
I'm glad our board calls each other out on stupid suggestions, would hate to see our board develop into such a nuffy echo chamber
On the market would be worth a 1st and a 2nd but isn't leaving either way. We also have one of the biggest cap spaces in the league

That's what happens when you get used to the comfy life of buying premierships. Desperation for 20 years and counting.

Hunter is worth a first rounder at least.

Oh and another beauty I forgot to mention!

A Carlton poster referred to Fremantle as a "rabble of a club".

Fremantle have been in a grand final and been far more competitive than Carlton over the last decade, yet apparently they're the rabble...

Oh and another beauty I forgot to mention!

A Carlton poster referred to Fremantle as a "rabble of a club".

Fremantle have been in a grand final and been far more competitive than Carlton over the last decade, yet apparently they're the rabble...
I tip Freo to win a final before the blues aswell

Haha have a look at Sam McClure on twitter that week nuff. Tweeted "What a devastating day for Essendon" being a smartarse because he supports Carlton. Comments section did not end well and he promptly deletes his tweet.

Obviously you could fill a bucket with this stuff but from some bloke named bitzer? Essendon fan on main board:

You do realise that we haven't actually 'lost' anything as part of this right? Equally the Bulldogs didn't gain anything by having their contracted player stay at the club. In fact I think its rather interesting to see how it plays out with Dunkley that doesn't want to stay at Bulldogs and Treloar who wasn't even that keen on leaving Collingwood fitting into a midfield that seems a bit crowded and a salary cap that must be rather tight. I won't be surprised to see some players squeezed out in future years.

I'm glad we never intended to give up 2 first round picks. Its massive overs. Bulldogs had every right to hold him to his contract and clearly weren't really interested in trading him. That's fine with me.

There's also nothing insulting about offering a first round and 2nd rounder either. Bulldogs said no and so be it.
I know people like to point out that this will stop players nominating your club due to reputational damage but the truth is Dodoro's had many players nominate us in the last 5 years and most of those deals have gotten done. I'm sure we'll be fine.[/B]

Obviously you could fill a bucket with this stuff but from some bloke named bitzer? Essendon fan on main board:
If the shoe had been on the other foot and we were the ones trying to lure say Merrett from Essendon but failed, I reckon many here would be saying the same thing.

We're not too bad at the darndest things ourselves.

From a Norf supporter on the Collingwood board:

I come in peace.
I think you're seriously underrating the north list. In 2021 we'll most likely have the best group of under 23 kids in the league.
There's no way the club would do a trade for pick 2; maybe a 3-1 or 4-1 with Essendon for their firsts but that's it.
Will be huge for the club to take the 2nd best kid in the league this year.
Would collingwood fans do pick 11 for your pick 14 and 16?
This year you only have to take 1 kid from the draft so there's some incentive there to go up the draft board if sizes and salary are an issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back