Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread (2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer the NRL system when it comes to the concussion protocol.

It allows for an independent review and a possible exemption from a mandatory week off if a player doesn't present category 1 concussion symptoms.

No player wants to be automatically denied the opportunity to play in a final and no team (or fans) wants to see their Premiership aspirations reduced either if the player concerned isn't suffering from ongoing concussion symptoms.

To me some leeway like the NRL model is the fairest for all concerned.
They've just got ot go with the most credible medical advice. **** knows what that is.

So Melbourne last 3 weeks were super lucky to beat Brisbane, just got over the line over Adelaide at the G and then beat Richmond comfortably in the end but after being 20 points down a few times. I'm not discounting them but that's not as good of form as the consecutive wins look. We lose one game in the last 6 weeks and all of a sudden we are very vulnerable 🤔
I reckon it is a matter of the media taking the opportunity to talk up other sides because they can.
Pies have had a dream run for the entire season and I'm sure the "usual suspects" are more than happy to have something to be negative about.

I reckon it is a matter of the media taking the opportunity to talk up other sides because they can.
Pies have had a dream run for the entire season and I'm sure the "usual suspects" are more than happy to have something to be negative about.
Good. I want the media to focus on Dee's, Lions, Blues, etc. Spend their whole shows talking about how to beat them. How to stop their star players. Do it. Please.

The media will always jump to conclusions based on most recent results. It's what they do. We're on top and the biggest club so they'll react even faster, harder. Even the best of them shouldn't be paid too much heed. Predictions are still pretty much guesses, even from the most informed.

The reality is we're well placed. Finals is a whole new game and we won't know for sure how we'll go till we get there. Geelong last year were dominant and we almost cleaned them up in the first final. Nothing is guaranteed and we're not so much better as to expect a flag, it's just a possibility.

They probably need a new angle other than Nick Daicos, it would be a relief.

You’d suspect premiership points will be made a penalty after this debacle.
With the way the AFL unequally distributes money what does a fine achieve anyway? Money out from one hand and back in the other.

An actual or suspended deduction of premiership points is a much stronger deterrent.

oh boy dunk GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond were good last week against Melbourne despite the late blowout and under McQualter have generally rediscovered the DNA that won them Premierships.

Talent wise of course the form of their aging stars has fallen away so there not as good and it looks like the absence of Martin, Cotchin and Grimes is a bridge to far for them tonight.

The Dogs look on like they were against us early and are a dangerous opposition when in this mood.

Richmond were good last week against Melbourne despite the late blowout and under McQualter have generally rediscovered the DNA that won them Premierships.

Talent wise of course the form of their aging stars has fallen away so there not as good and it looks like the absence of Martin, Cotchin and Grimes is a bridge to far for them tonight.

The Dogs look on like they were against us early and are a dangerous opposition when in this mood.

It's a very long shot but the Dogs have been known to dominate and then give up a huge lead......... I haven't totally written off the Tiggers yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back