Opinion Our home guernsey situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

When I was kid in the 70s i actually wanted our jumper to be like the predominantly blue home one we have today. These days i prefer the "traditional" one but just cos of familiarity.

What i really prefer is flags.

Lets have more of them.

I think the mostly blue jumper looks pretty average. Not sure what the correct term is but I'm going to go with bold or blocky maybe. There's just way too much blue and combined with the blue shorts and all blue socks it looks pretty crap. Might be better with hooped socks, more white on the shorts and more white on the jumper but I'm not a graphic designer

Hearts to hearts is supposed to be sung after a win, the fable singers version has been the song the players come out to for many years. There was no need to 'update' it for the sake of it. The Fable singers version has been played to all our of our premierships. It spoils our tradition that no other club in the league does, by singing the full song in the rooms.

The full versed song was a great initiative by the club. Like a tribal chant pre-game. Love it.

My main issue with the mostly blue jumper is that we only won 3 games in it last year and only one of those was at Etihad. Of course, we only won 2 games in the mostly white jumper and neither of those were at Etihad.

Come to think of it, my main issue is that in 2017 we were s**t.

I think the mostly blue strip looks great. I think whoever designed our "camo" pre-season gear deserves to be shot.

We had to change it as the AFL allowed the ridiculous situation where sh*tstain clubs like Port and Western could wear their full home kits at our home games when we wore white shorts. Ridiculous situation. I like the change for this reason, make them actually change their strip for an away game, not have us in white shorts in front of our own members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back