Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our trade period.

Out: Treloar, Phillips, Stevo, Atu, pick 39, pick 42

In: Pick 14, future 2nd, pick 65, pick 70

They've gutted the existing list and we have a poor hand in a draft that's compromised anyway. They've wrecked the team, and that doesn't even factor in the potential cultural fallout from all this.

What the hell happens now?

:poo:

As much as I’m always excited about a trade period, I wish our list managers understanding that “no trade” is a plausible option.

What is the downside of keeping Stevo and try and work his value up a bit next year, even if we do want to trade him? If he has a horrible year again, it just means we miss out on a pick 16. Boo hoo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hate trade week. They do it to us every year. Every year I wish we’d just stay out of it.

I wonder if Jeffrey Epstein’s island is available to rent next year for a week at this time, it’s not as if he’s using it, and I can smash the modem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our trade period.
Out: Treloar, Phillips, Stevo, Atu, pick 39, pick 42
In: Pick 14, future 2nd, pick 65, pick 70
They've gutted the existing list and we have a poor hand in a draft that's compromised anyway. They've wrecked the team, and that doesn't even factor in the potential cultural fallout from all this.
What the hell happens now?
:poo:
Ed and Nathan stay that's what happens

I was prepared to believe that the rumours we were trading out some quality players was a strategic decision to get into the draft this year and regear the list with some youth.

It's clear that based on the returns we received for our players we were in no position to negotiate and were forced to dump their salaries. I can only assume that was because, if we hadn't done so, we would have exceeded the salary cap.

How we allowed ourselves to get into that position with player contracts and salaries is difficult to comprehend. I can get it with one player, but that fire sale, that was something completely without precedence.

Someone, probably many someones, have catestrophically ****ed up to allow this. There had better be accountability for this.

Last edited:
Do we have enough points to still get Daic's next year and are we able to still get Reef this year?
We'll have enough for Daicos - think getting the Dogs future 2nd was in order to address this.

We'll get Reef, but we might get screwed if a team makes an early bid on him. We don't have any picks in the 30s, 40s and 50s to match it.

We'll have enough for Daicos - think getting the Dogs future 2nd was in order to address this.

We'll get Reef, but we might get screwed if a team makes an early bid on him. We don't have any picks in the 30s, 40s and 50s to match it.

If a bid comes inside the top 16, it will cost us one of our two first rounders...which we don't want. If a pick comes after 16, then we have the equivalent of pick 62 to work with with draft points. So we are screwed.

So either way, we are screwed. Why on earth did we trade all our 2nd rounders!!!!

I was prepared to believe that the rumours we were trading out some quality players was a strategic decision to get into the draft this year and regear the list with some youth.

It's clear that based on the returns we received for our players we were in no position to negotiate and were forced to dump their salaries. I can only assume that was because, if we hadn't done so, we would have exceeded the salary cap.

How we allowed ourselves to get into that position with player contracts and salaries is difficult to comprehend. I can get it with one player, but that fire sale, that was something completely without precedence.

Someone, probably many someones, have catestrophically f’ed up to allow this. There had better some accountability for this.
good luck tracking down any accountability down there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back