Patrick Dangerfield Will Be The Best Player in The AFL in 5 Years Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen Ablett take too many pack marks

I've seen him take marks one on one, but both Dangerfield and Fyfe do that too

I'm talking pack marks to be clearer

What relevance does it have to you? Not even sure why you responded.

Other than white-knighting for a fellow one-flag wonder.

If you don't like engaging in public discussion, get off bigfooty

I'll always step in to hold a mirror up in front of a small minded campaigner

Pointing out that a d#ckhead is acting like a d#ckhead doesn't equate to being a social warrior in my mind

But happy to wear that hat if you insist

It's fairly laughable to suggest that Robbie Gray is on par with Dangerfield.

Any Port supporter who suggests it is clearly very biased.

I'd have Robbie Gray over Dangerfield still for sure..

It's closer these days but it was only halfway through last year that Danger started to lift and dispose the ball more efficiently. Was collosal on the weekend but he has the tendency to drop off in consistency.

I'd have Robbie Gray over Dangerfield still for sure..

It's closer these days but it was only halfway through last year that Danger started to lift and dispose the ball more efficiently. Was collosal on the weekend but he has the tendency to drop off in consistency.
I think you'd struggle to find a unbiased supporter who'd say the same.

I think you'd struggle to find a unbiased supporter who'd say the same.
Most people suggesting Robbie is par with Dangerfield in terms of impact on games ITT are not Port supporters. You'd have to watch no Port games to think Dangerfield's impact is so far ahead of Robbie's that it is "laughable" to think one would take Robbie over Dangerfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What even is a "social warrior"
disco-dude-men-s-costume-4.jpg

And the year before..

Danger has been behind Gray untill Midway through last year he bursted into another year. Both have just as much impact on a game now.
Dangerfield had more credits than Robbie pre-2014 but obviously Rob had to recover from the injury and was playing in a far inferior system before that.

I found Titus OReily's latest offering rather amusing:

Crows fan finally accepts Patrick Dangerfield is leaving
Passionate Crows fan Margret Wilton says she is now willing to concede that Patrick Dangerfield will not play for Adelaide this season.
“The signs are all there if you know what to look for,” conceded Ms Wilton, wiping tears from her eyes.
“Just little things really, his demeanour, what he doesn’t say.
“He missed our game against North Melbourne and I think he would have played if he was planning to re-sign with us.”
Ms Wilton admitted she had probably been in denial about the Crows chances of retaining the star midfielder.
“I feel a bit foolish to be honest. I thought there was every chance he would stay. Even when he announced he was leaving and going to Geelong I thought ‘that could just be a coincidence.”
“I guess the cold hard truth dawned on me when I saw him racking up 43 possessions, 22 of them contested with seven clearances, 10 inside-50s and five tackles against Hawthorn.
“I turned to my daughter Alice and said ‘I don’t think he’s coming back’.
“She said ‘of course he’s not Mum but at least we got Dean Gore’ and I said who?”
Ms Wilton said she still believed in the Crows and thought they were a good chance for the premiership this season. She added that seeing Dangerfield in Cats colours ‘hurt like the fires of hell and probably always will’.

I haven't seen Ablett take too many pack marks

I've seen him take marks one on one, but both Dangerfield and Fyfe do that too

I'm talking pack marks to be clearer
That is true. Both danger and Fyfe are quite a bit taller than ablett and are able to compete in packs for marks. Ablett was a bit better when he was younger and had more spring but even then he wasn't near fyfes level.

Pendlebury does not belong in that group. Despite having great disposal he isn't close in terms of getting the contested ball and driving the ball forward. Danger may not hit players on the chest but he is a big kick and often runs 10 yards with it first. That counts for a lot.

It doesn't seem like he's getting contested ball because he doesn't bash and crash, he twists and turns and seems like he is working in slow motion. Pendles is the smoothest player in the AFL.

Thread title should read Patrick "Dangerfield will be the best player in the AFL when he comes home to Victoria".

I wouldn't mind the average Victorian being a little myopic about their footy, if the media weren't also based there. This is what makes it ******* insufferable for us.

Last edited:
One thing that Fyfe & Dangerfield have that Ablett lacks is contested marking ability

Defensively and offensively that's a huge weapon

I'd say Ablett being a fantastic kick more than makes up for any advantage the other have in pack marks. The other two don't come close to his ability with the ball.

My point is, their deficiency in kicking is somewhat compensated by their contested marking ability.

I think the margin is closer than what some are suggesting.

My point is, their deficiency in kicking is somewhat compensated by their contested marking ability.

I think the margin is closer than what some are suggesting.

I don't. As I said, Fyfe and maybe Dangerfield will be remembered as excellent mids in their era.
Ablett will be remembered as arguably the best ever.
How quickly people forget.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back