PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the best website / retailer to build your own PC? I've traditionally purchased off the shelf but I have a few pieces in my existing PC (RTX 2080, SSD) that I want to bring over to a new build.

A site such as PC Case Gear allows you to customise their existing PC products but I don't think you can simply remove parts you don't want. Whereas I find something like Scorptec a little overwhelming because there seems a reasonable chance of including things that are unnecessary or excluding things that are important.

What's the best website / retailer to build your own PC? I've traditionally purchased off the shelf but I have a few pieces in my existing PC (RTX 2080, SSD) that I want to bring over to a new build.

A site such as PC Case Gear allows you to customise their existing PC products but I don't think you can simply remove parts you don't want. Whereas I find something like Scorptec a little overwhelming because there seems a reasonable chance of including things that are unnecessary or excluding things that are important.

I've always found the Scorptec builder to be pretty decent, but to run off other options off the top of my head what about pcpartpicker?

Yep.

In some ways its better for finding a deal than PC Part Picker, but you need to know the exact model you are looking for for staticice to be most effective imo

Sounds about right, I'd decide on a part then go to staticice to find it.

Can't believe the design is exactly the same from 10 years ago.

Is now a good time to build or is new gear coming out and I should wait for that?

Was looking at a Ryzen 3 3100 with 1650S or 1660S combo.

Is now a good time to build or is new gear coming out and I should wait for that?

The only new stuff that should come out soon that's of any significance are the new ATI GPUs (and the Nvidia 3070), I don't remember seeing anything about any lower-end AMD/Nvidia stuff that would cause the prices to drop for the level of kit you're after.

Having said that, Black Friday sales should be on November 27th so you may find decent deals around then.

If you are looking at that level of components you'd be waiting until something like March next year at the earliest before new components are unveiled. At this stage, neither a new Ryzen 3 CPU or a ~USD $200 GPU has even been announced.

But as dav3 points, out, waiting until late November for potential sales might be wise

No regrets at all. it's the best thing ever.

awuN9pU.png

I do love this thing.

I'm running a linux VM and its idling. <3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got myself a 34' inch ultrawide monitor. Using anything smaller is never going to be the same again.

My stand is taking up a lot of space on my desk and I'd like it to be further back closer to the wall as well. Any ideas on monitor arms that could help me achieve that? Something that when pushed all the way back will almost be as though it's attached to the wall. This would be more of a mounting bracket than an arm I guess?

Finally got myself a 34' inch ultrawide monitor. Using anything smaller is never going to be the same again.

My stand is taking up a lot of space on my desk and I'd like it to be further back closer to the wall as well. Any ideas on monitor arms that could help me achieve that? Something that when pushed all the way back will almost be as though it's attached to the wall. This would be more of a mounting bracket than an arm I guess?

Welcome to the ultrawide master race. What did you get?

Most monitor arms from anywhere you should be able to push it back flush with the back of your desk. Even those J Burrows Officeworks brand ones are alright. Just made sure the monitor is a standard vesa mount. I'd be surprised if it weren't though

Welcome to the ultrawide master race. What did you get?

Most monitor arms from anywhere you should be able to push it back flush with the back of your desk. Even those J Burrows Officeworks brand ones are alright. Just made sure the monitor is a standard vesa mount. I'd be surprised if it weren't though
Thanks mate. I got the Xiaomi Curved monitor.

I am a little concerned with the GPU lengths, a full length 300mm card will be pushing right up against my reservoir. I guess I can move it over a bit more, but that's a pain in the ass to do.

There's a $100SGD difference between the TUF and The FTW3 on Newegg, so I may as well just go for that instead.

I am a little concerned with the GPU lengths, a full length 300mm card will be pushing right up against my reservoir. I guess I can move it over a bit more, but that's a pain in the ass to do.

There's a $100SGD difference between the TUF and The FTW3 on Newegg, so I may as well just go for that instead.

Just bust out the Dremel :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back