PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I guessed right on the Android integration though which should be kind of cool. It's a free upgrade for existing users too.
Good to know I'll still be reaping the benefits of a pirated copy of 7 or whatever it was to get the cheap Windows 10 upgrade

I had to prune my Steam wishlist as so much of it is now available through Gamepass and EA Play Pro. Games on my list I wouldn't mind finally grabbing through are Steel Division 2 and Before We Leave.

I really like Before We Leave. I picked it up on Epic at some point that I can't remember atm but well worth whatever I potentially paid for it!

Neato, even some preorders on my wishlist have discounts. Might jump on a couple.

Actually a bit of a boring list now that I look at it after I pruned it lol. Might have to look at other sales on stuff.

View attachment 1163247

You're going to get inundated with friend Steam friend requests

:p

I really like Before We Leave. I picked it up on Epic at some point that I can't remember atm but well worth whatever I potentially paid for it!

I think it was a Civ YouTuber I occasionally watch that I first became aware of it. I thought it looked really cool. It was never that expensive anyway and I would have ended up buying it regardless at some point. Keen to finally get it.

I think it was a Civ YouTuber I occasionally watch that I first became aware of it. I thought it looked really cool. It was never that expensive anyway and I would have ended up buying it regardless at some point. Keen to finally get it.
Looks like a chill game but I wasn't really into it because it looks like it lacks replay-ability. But at that price, looks decent

Wonder if I can snag a couple of extra licenses from the old Dell/HP devices in our storeroom, I forget how all that works.

i recently built my gf a PC and we tried the code from her old HP laptop before going to buy Windows 10 and it worked. the laptop still runs like an activated copy as well lol

i recently built my gf a PC and we tried the code from her old HP laptop before going to buy Windows 10 and it worked. the laptop still runs like an activated copy as well lol

You seem to be able to transfer OEM licenses within the same Microsoft account too. From everything I've read, even recently, apparently you're not supposed to be able to if you "make any major hardware changes" but my current Windows 10 license was originally an 8.1 OEM key from about 2 or 3 builds ago. Each time I've just made a Windows install USB stick, install it, then log into my Microsoft account online and deactivate the old system and activate it on the new one. If I build a spare system I might see if an old laptop OEM key (still linked to my account) works.

OK team I need some help since I'm not that computer smart.

Something is corrupt with the PC and alot of programs don't open due to corrupt cache, tried uninstalling programs and reseting caches but nothing works. Reading about it, sounds like I need to completely wipe the PC.

I'm going to uninstall my window10 key and move any uni files onto an external hard-drive. The rest I can lose, don't care.

How does one go about a complete wipe/reset? Are there any good tutorials to follow and I forgotten how to setup my ram to 3200 again instead of starting on default setting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK team I need some help since I'm not that computer smart.

Something is corrupt with the PC and alot of programs don't open due to corrupt cache, tried uninstalling programs and reseting caches but nothing works. Reading about it, sounds like I need to completely wipe the PC.

I'm going to uninstall my window10 key and move any uni files onto an external hard-drive. The rest I can lose, don't care.

How does one go about a complete wipe/reset? Are there any good tutorials to follow and I forgotten how to setup my ram to 3200 again instead of starting on default setting.

Grab yourself a USB stick, I think 8gb is fine but I usually just use a 16gb because I always have a few laying around. Download and run the Windows media creation tool (I think I've got the link to the correct one in this post) which will turn that USB stick into a Windows install drive, then boot from the USB drive and follow the prompts. You shouldn't have to worry about your memory or any BIOS settings resetting.

Grab yourself a USB stick, I think 8gb is fine but I usually just use a 16gb because I always have a few laying around. Download and run the Windows media creation tool (I think I've got the link to the correct one in this post) which will turn that USB stick into a Windows install drive, then boot from the USB drive and follow the prompts. You shouldn't have to worry about your memory or any BIOS settings resetting.

So I don't need to uninstall/unpair my window key from the PC/device?

An if I run that tool, on any USB port of MB one? It will wipe and reset everything for me?

So I don't need to uninstall/unpair my window key from the PC/device?

If you're looking to do a clean install you'll get that option during the setup and it will wipe everything before installing a new Windows. I've never had any luck personally with repairing Windows installs as gremlins have always managed to stay behind and a nice new clean install has never been easier than now.

Anyone grabbed anything on the Steam sales so far? Not sure if it's just the stuff I'm looking at but the cuts seem deeper than usual. So far have bought Before We Leave, Steel Division 2 and Metro Exodus EE Gold Edition. I've already got Metro on Epic but don't have the DLC so it was easier to just buy the gold edition on Steam.

Yeah, I got RDR2 after ages of procrastinating on whether to get it or not. I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper. I also got Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. I am tossing up whether to also grab Monster Hunter World (dithering because it looks good but also doesn't seem like my kind of game), Detroit Become Human (seeing a lot of reviews about them having inserted ads into the game), and Disco Elysium.

I'm not sure why I've got RDR2 on my wishlist. I found it somewhat average when I played it on PS4 but I think I just wanted something pretty to look at on the PC. It's still a bit much for that purpose.

Last Epoch looks interesting but I usually have a thing about early access games. Also tempted to just buy Humankind now as it might not see a discount again before launch and right now it's a day one purchase for me.

I'm a bad PC gamer - I basically play the same 2 or 3 games in rotation (I have just past 2000 hours in EU4 and I have 1700+ in Rimworld)

There's a few games that are interesting to me, but I think I've seen enough gameplay videos of them on YT/Twitch that I don't quite feel like I need to play them myself

Anyone grabbed anything on the Steam sales so far? Not sure if it's just the stuff I'm looking at but the cuts seem deeper than usual. So far have bought Before We Leave, Steel Division 2 and Metro Exodus EE Gold Edition. I've already got Metro on Epic but don't have the DLC so it was easier to just buy the gold edition on Steam.

I ended up just getting Mass Effect Legendary $16 off. I was going to buy it at release but figured I'd wait for a little discount. first time ever playing the series and enjoying it so far. intro and lore setup has me interested. I normally only ever play male characters but I couldn't manage to get him looking non-douchey so I ended up going with the female character. I kinda preferred her voice acting anyway so it worked out

only issues so far are technical - no FOV slider (seriously wtf why devs do this) but the top mod on Nexus was FOV changer so easy fix. the view was like claustrophobic but now it's good. other issue is I get a weird hitching/stutter despite good FPS, but it doesn't happen everywhere so I don't know what's up. it's like the hitch in Oblivion when it's loading in new areas but it just keeps happening every 5 seconds in some areas (even small areas) but doesn't happen at all in others. tried all the normal fixes and still happens

I ended up just getting Mass Effect Legendary $16 off. I was going to buy it at release but figured I'd wait for a little discount. first time ever playing the series and enjoying it so far. intro and lore setup has me interested. I normally only ever play male characters but I couldn't manage to get him looking non-douchey so I ended up going with the female character. I kinda preferred her voice acting anyway so it worked out

only issues so far are technical - no FOV slider (seriously wtf why devs do this) but the top mod on Nexus was FOV changer so easy fix. the view was like claustrophobic but now it's good. other issue is I get a weird hitching/stutter despite good FPS, but it doesn't happen everywhere so I don't know what's up. it's like the hitch in Oblivion when it's loading in new areas but it just keeps happening every 5 seconds in some areas (even small areas) but doesn't happen at all in others. tried all the normal fixes and still happens

I and others were getting stuttering on the first game only and it was when exploring planets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back