PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. Hopefully some new sticks will fix it.

Were you getting crashes with anything else?

Diablo 3, Overwatch, Chrome... . but they were hard crashses,

BF2042 was always your GPU has stopped responding.

Said similar questions before (sorry) but will hooking up a 3080ti to an OLED TV on a semi regular basis be worth it? Just going through all the 3070/3080/3080ti discussions.

mate, totally worth it. i upgraded my entire setup in february 2021 and this included a 55" LG CX and a 3080. 4K is great and all but i had no idea what i was missing with HDR and variable refresh rate options. totally changed my experience. still need DLSS at this resolution to get decent frames with ray tracing though.

mate, totally worth it. i upgraded my entire setup in february 2021 and this included a 55" LG CX and a 3080. 4K is great and all but i had no idea what i was missing with HDR and variable refresh rate options. totally changed my experience. still need DLSS at this resolution to get decent frames with ray tracing though.

Nice work mate.

Only got the B7 though a few years ago, so not upgrading the TV for a while. B7 only does up 60hz at 4k. Is it much of a deal breaker unless you've got an insanely specced rig?

OLEDs ruined every other monitor for me. I've been a die hard IPS user for years but I'd even consider a good quality VA now just for the contrast.

Still really happy with my AOC CU34G2X. Got it for around 850 in July last year and it's already dropped down to 600.

Nice work mate.

Only got the B7 though a few years ago, so not upgrading the TV for a while. B7 only does up 60hz at 4k. Is it much of a deal breaker unless you've got an insanely specced rig?

While you're on the 1080 there isn't much point upgrading the B7. Until you upgrade the graphics card you won't be pushing much over 60fps anyway. Once you're in the 3080 ballpark though you can make a case for the C1. For DLSS compatible games you'll be able to push above 60, as well as having Gsync. I've been so used to VRR I forgot what bad tearing was like. The Series X already has the feature, but sadly it's still no where to be seen on the PS5 and there were some truly horrid moments in AC Valhalla even on the performance setting. That's why I wouldn't bother upgrading the B7 until you upgrade your graphics card.

While you're on the 1080 there isn't much point upgrading the B7. Until you upgrade the graphics card you won't be pushing much over 60fps anyway. Once you're in the 3080 ballpark though you can make a case for the C1. For DLSS compatible games you'll be able to push above 60, as well as having Gsync. I've been so used to VRR I forgot what bad tearing was like. The Series X already has the feature, but sadly it's still no where to be seen on the PS5 and there were some truly horrid moments in AC Valhalla even on the performance setting. That's why I wouldn't bother upgrading the B7 until you upgrade your graphics card.

Oh, no upgrade in sight for the TV :( But would the 3080ti be worth it for the B7 or just go the 3080?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BE LIKE NIKE AND JUST DO IT!

I told the missus the cost of a 3080ti today and marriage was on thin ice :) More chance of North winning the flag next year than upgrading the rig AND TV.

I told the missus the cost of a 3080ti today and marriage was on thin ice :) More chance of North winning the flag next year than upgrading the rig AND TV.

Hmmm

Gotta play the percentages, tell her you can download her favourite tv shows/movies even faster ? :p

You don't necessarily have to pull the trigger on the purchase today. Put away some money here and there, reward yourself (and the family) soon after.

Which monitor?

Take it (if available) this is more of an entry level card for those that want ray tracing and DLSS?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back