Remove this Banner Ad

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They've copped a hell of a lot from our supporters this year, and probably a fair amount of it has been deserved, but today I think they have been terrific. Pearce has run really hard today and whilst there has been quite a few burnt kicks, he's done what we've wanted to see for a long time. He run superbly into space for the entire game, even when we were getting destroyed in the second term, something he is usually not percieved to do.

Carlile today has done a good job on Kennedy and has provided a physical presence down back which we desperately need. Hasn't made many errors either which is good to see.

Not the end of it, but some good signs from a couple of our much maligned players today, not the case for all of them though, poor old Pettigrew had a shocking turnover just before.

Pearce was great today, but he needs to play like that every week and improve his disposal efficiency a notch before I will be close to happy with him.

Was at the game today and thought Pearce was close to worst on ground.

Sure he got plenty of the ball but did nothing with it.

Maybe he looked better on the screen with the limited camera angle but at the ground he looked to slow, unsure, lay off the ball and had poor execution. Other than that he looked good!

Both of them are very talented, but both of them have been lazy and hopelessly out of form for the first half of the year. But lately the effort has come back. The effort comes back first, and then the form comes back later. I hope both stay at Port next year, and I certainly wasn't so sure about that a month ago.

Was at the game today and thought Pearce was close to worst on ground.

Sure he got plenty of the ball but did nothing with it.

Maybe he looked better on the screen with the limited camera angle but at the ground he looked to slow, unsure, lay off the ball and had poor execution. Other than that he looked good!

Pettigrew is an honest bloke and I reckon he would disagree with you.

i thought he did alright and ran a lot, we need runners, presenting and spreading

carlisle well i dont rate him or is pansy mate chaplin but the amount of time the ball comes in there..

Agree with OP. Ive been a critic of both but was pleased with thier games today. Although for all his run etc Pearce butchered the ball, if his disposal was up he would have been fantastic.
I dont think i saw a kick off his boot that spun right! BUT giving him credit for his run etc

Both much better :thumbsu:

carlisle well i dont rate him or is pansy mate chaplin but the amount of time the ball comes in there..

This is one of those finish the sentence things?

I'll have a shot.

carlisle well i dont rate him or is pansy mate chaplin but the amount of time the ball comes in there... Delany and Fiachi would look crap!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think either of them are so terrible that they NEED to be dropped from the team. Having said that, if they're going to GWS the better they are playing, the more compensation we should get.

I think Carlile does ok since he is currently playing the hardest role in the AFL Ports fwd and midfield pressure would have to be worst going around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back