PETITION - Change.org - Alex Rance to finish 2020 with the boys! Sign it please

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex is very open minded.

We only need to convince one person, imagine sharing this with him and it has 100,000 signatures, how could you ignore that? I heard Nick Riewoldt say last night, your mates are out injured, you are in prime physical health and your team is contending, he'd be dying to help out.

Maybe Rancey just needs a little convincing.
he should enter the hub on september 1

He walked out on the club at the start of the season, too late for him to be replaced, or his salary cap space reused.

OK, he might of had his reasons, and I can accept that, but given his contribution to this season has been a big negative, then no...he doesn't deserve any more recognition for this season's result than the 'usual' stuff a player gets on retiring (driven around in a car at the GF and what not).

100,000 Richmond members' last memory of the mighty Alex Rance was pulling faces whilst in crutches, sobbing in Jack Riewoldt's arms walking down the ramp way.

This is not the way a 5x all Australian, premiership winning Tiger should be remembered in our memory! Before COVID, fair dickum, enjoy retirement mate! Travel the world, ive spoken to him, he loves the safari in Africa, explore and enjoy.

However, right now? Why can't he lace up the boots and support his lifelong friends? No Grimes and Astbury, just imagine the unity and the enthusiasm that would BUZZ through us all if Alex joined the boys in the Queensland hub? Right now? What else is there to do when we are all locked up in Stage 4 Restrictions?! Far out, if there ever was an opportunity to send a fax through "I'm back", Michael Jordan style, its NOW. Lets SHOW Alex Rance how much we want him, lets show the Richmind FC how we want a conclusion to one of the greatest careers in yellow and black, lets genuinely sign this petition, share it and grow it. What else we have really got to do at home?

People's mental health is genuinely deteriorating, what joy this would bring to some supporters who legit only have footy right now and nothing else. What a legacy to finish with an empathetic exclamation mark if Alex and the club could erase EGO, STUBBORNESS and most importantly, erase burnt bridges and pride, and reconcile for one last hurray.

Just imagine watching him embrace Balta, Grimes and Astbury as we raise a 13th banner.

If there ever was a time, I know some here will disagree 'we don't need him!' Or 'we've got someone better!' , but it ain't about us. It is about people and i want to see these boys, who ive followed for 15 years, celebrate the finality of Alex's career with a more fitting ending. He's on our list, he's absolutely in our best 22 and maybe if we give him a little bit of love, it might go a long way to giving us a POSITIVE story to go with a potential 13th flag.

Gotiges!
Alex who?

He walked out on the club at the start of the season, too late for him to be replaced, or his salary cap space reused.

OK, he might of had his reasons, and I can accept that, but given his contribution to this season has been a big negative, then no...he doesn't deserve any more recognition for this season's result than the 'usual' stuff a player gets on retiring (driven around in a car at the GF and what not).

he would need to be in the hub for the car around the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a phanomonal post. Those that straight away said Nah just because they are loving Balta have no idea. He could easily replace Markov. We could play Astbury, Rance and Bolts in the same team for sure. Rance as the third tall.

What a phanomonal post. Those that straight away said Nah just because they are loving Balta have no idea. He could easily replace Markov. We could play Astbury, Rance and Bolts in the same team for sure. Rance as the third tall.
Of course he could "easily replace Markov". Everyone knows that. But you've got a guy who walked out of the club in very strange circumstances, with little fanfare from teammates at the time, who prioritised religion (which is fine if that's what he wants), but essentially threw the club and the season under the bus at a pretty inappropriate time. Plus he's 30 and has had significant injuries now.

Rance coming back might improve us marginally as a team, but from a club management perspective, I can't see much benefit at all long term.

Notice none of the players seem to be pleading for him to come back?

Love this bloke, however the only way this guy should be allowed back should be to announce a return to football and earn his spot.

Happy if he wants to kick it with the boys in the rooms if they win the flag but otherwise he is retired and not on our active list for all intents and purposes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back