Media PhenomenalV1 to retire at conclusion of Finals, AceAndy appointed as co-captain for season 28, experienced players requested to join Dragons FFC

How will Phenom's career be remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I'm retiring.

Really.

It's not a decision I came to lightly, and I suspect that the SFA at large will be quite happy with it, and I find that completely understandable.

To be perfectly honest, I've had one foot out the door since the end of Season 25. I think the signs have been there, with my match thread posting decreasing, and my near absence from making media threads this season.

At Dragons FFC, we prioritise real life situations over the SFA (a mindset that probably explains our posting numbers...), and over the next 18 months, my life will be quite hectic (in a good way, thankfully), and I'd rather focus on what I'm doing IRL than be an absent captain or an inactive.

There are other reasons I'm leaving that relate back to the SFA.

The shine's finally starting to wear off for me.

The match threads are filled with the same tired banter, comprising of this blokey sense of humour that I'm not the biggest fan of irl.

The media threads feel clinical, with too much focus on prominent-to-obscure stats, and self-indulgent pieces on the state of the league and how it should be like it was 5 seasons ago. There's no-one stepping up with anything weird or off the wall.

The committee feels bogged down by the same old factions from the Haro-BC saga that I thought we all got over.

There's this constant drop in rookie and veteran posting at the Dragons each season that I tried and failed to stop.

And ultimately, I'm an entertainer type poster, just not captain material.
I think my time in charge reflects that.

So who's taking over the reigns for next season?

Well, to no-ones surprise, AceAndy will be co-captain alongside Hatchy1992, who will be acting as a mentor to Andy.

Ace has shown incredible promise with his posting and gets rookies and veterans alike engaged in threads, and his loyalty to the club is second to none. I suspect he'll be a better captain than I ever was.

Also, if anyone else wants a hand in helping out at the Dragons next season, drop a PM to me or AceAndy, and we'll hopefully get you over to Dragon Island next season.

So this is it. The final finals campaign for PhenomenalV1.

Let's send myself into the sunset with a premiership.

DjhN_maW4AA-pdQ.jpeg

I'll miss you about the place Phenom! Always loved off-kilter stuff about Sweet, and you've been one of the best in that department. Been a great contributor even through some challenging times. Hope your prospects elsewhere are rewarding!

The Bears are going to romp your pitiful team something chronic though, bloke.

AceAndy, may I propose a merger - the Dragumbies? You are familiar with my work on the #dragonwagon. Let's work together and build the league's next juggernaut.
Already started Baz, it is the season 28 Dragons.

Already started Baz, it is the season 28 Dragons.
giphy.gif

Yes, I'm retiring.

Really.

It's not a decision I came to lightly, and I suspect that the SFA at large will be quite happy with it, and I find that completely understandable.

To be perfectly honest, I've had one foot out the door since the end of Season 25. I think the signs have been there, with my match thread posting decreasing, and my near absence from making media threads this season.

At Dragons FFC, we prioritise real life situations over the SFA (a mindset that probably explains our posting numbers...), and over the next 18 months, my life will be quite hectic (in a good way, thankfully), and I'd rather focus on what I'm doing IRL than be an absent captain or an inactive.

There are other reasons I'm leaving that relate back to the SFA.

The shine's finally starting to wear off for me.

The match threads are filled with the same tired banter, comprising of this blokey sense of humour that I'm not the biggest fan of irl.

The media threads feel clinical, with too much focus on prominent-to-obscure stats, and self-indulgent pieces on the state of the league and how it should be like it was 5 seasons ago. There's no-one stepping up with anything weird or off the wall.

The committee feels bogged down by the same old factions from the Haro-BC saga that I thought we all got over.

There's this constant drop in rookie and veteran posting at the Dragons each season that I tried and failed to stop.

And ultimately, I'm an entertainer type poster, just not captain material.
I think my time in charge reflects that.

So who's taking over the reigns for next season?

Well, to no-ones surprise, AceAndy will be co-captain alongside Hatchy1992, who will be acting as a mentor to Andy.

Ace has shown incredible promise with his posting and gets rookies and veterans alike engaged in threads, and his loyalty to the club is second to none. I suspect he'll be a better captain than I ever was.

Also, if anyone else wants a hand in helping out at the Dragons next season, drop a PM to me or AceAndy, and we'll hopefully get you over to Dragon Island next season.

So this is it. The final finals campaign for PhenomenalV1.

Let's send myself into the sunset with a premiership.

View attachment 685331

Mate I for one will be sad to see you go if indeed you are retiring.

This makes my welcome to the Bombers thread for AceAndy a touch awkward. Once the dust settles I am sure it will be fine though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck my friend. I've given you a bit of 'stick' over the journey, and that's because I genuinely like you and knew you would take it in the way intended. Just a pisstake.
I'm glad things are looking up in rl, I'm sure good things await..

To me, you always have, and always will be #thesuperrookie.

Good luck my friend. I've given you a bit of 'stick' over the journey, and that's because I genuinely like you and knew you would take it in the way intended. Just a pisstake.
I'm glad things are looking up in rl, I'm sure good things await..

To me, you always have, and always will be #thesuperrookie.
Those goals don't come off any qoots.

Back