Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

images

I come in peace, it is fairly obvious JHF will be at North next year, and not at my beloved crows but I’ll be watching every North game with interest, looks absolutely sensational does Jason, enjoy guys and hope both our teams can climb the ladder sooner rather than later.
Feel free to buy a membership

Often in football you hear about footy gods. The ones who make the kick shank after an undeserved free kick. I don't believe is sky people. I also tend not to believe a lot of the hype thrown at new draftees. Tom Boyd was the next Carey. Cam Rayner was Dusty mkii.

It would be kind of poetic for mine if a team that:
- held out bottoming out for as long as possible
- endured the slings and arrows of a footy media bent on the destruction of the club, only to scramble to mediocrity,
- take a final fall to the bottom to take medicine that it long held inconceivable, that they could both bottom out and remain in Melbourne

winds up with a kid that may be the hype that is placed on a multitude of pick ones, a rare talent. A kid who becomes the jewel in the crown of what we are building.

I want to believe.

Often in football you hear about footy gods. The ones who make the kick shank after an undeserved free kick. I don't believe is sky people. I also tend not to believe a lot of the hype thrown at new draftees. Tom Boyd was the next Carey. Cam Rayner was Dusty mkii.

- endured the slings and arrows of a footy media bent on the destruction of the club, only to scramble to mediocrity,
- take a final fall to the bottom to take medicine that it long held inconceivable, that they could both bottom out and remain in Melbourne

winds up with a kid that may be the hype that is placed on a multitude of pick ones, a rare talent. A kid who becomes the jewel in the crown of what we are building.

I want to believe.

Amen to that.

I want to believe.

Great post mate.

Everytime I've dared to dream as a roo in the new millenium, my arse has been kicked in.

Sometimes the #1 pick is a blurry prospect. Where there are heap of available seemingly equal prospects on show. You almost want to be perched back in 2nd or 3rd place and let someone else take the hit and get the Ball, Scully, Trengove or McCartin in front of you and leave you with no choice but to take the Judd, Martin or Petracca.

Even in 2020 #1 was a fuzzy option with nobody really bobbing up as the standout top open draft pick after Ugle-Hagan. Making the #1 pick not particularly coveted.

At this stage Jason Horne-Francis looks like a burger with the lot. You can only judge what's in front of you. It seems this is a year #1 actually gives you dibs on a clear #1 player.

Things don't always turn out as you hope and I'm so jaded I'm not going to forecast anything. Except to agree with you that now we've finally ended up with our first #1 pick and done it when there's a clear standout target for it.

Great post mate.

Everytime I've dared to dream as a roo in the new millenium, my arse has been kicked in.

Sometimes the #1 pick is a blurry prospect. Where there are heap of available seemingly equal prospects on show. You almost want to be perched back in 2nd or 3rd place and let someone else take the hit and get the Ball, Scully, Trengove or McCartin in front of you and leave you with no choice but to take the Judd, Martin or Petracca.

Even in 2020 #1 was a fuzzy option with nobody really bobbing up as the standout top open draft pick after Ugle-Hagan. Making the #1 pick not particularly coveted.

At this stage Jason Horne-Francis looks like a burger with the lot. You can only judge what's in front of you. It seems this is a year #1 actually gives you dibs on a clear #1 player.

Things don't always turn out as you hope and I'm so jaded I'm not going to forecast anything. Except to agree with you that now we've finally ended up with our first #1 pick and done it when there's a clear standout target for it.
Some people have lamented over the last few years how our draft picks aren't ready to go and make a difference from the get go.

Hopefully this is about to change as JHF looks ready to both rock and roll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great post mate.

I’ll remain skeptical until he wins the Brownlow/Norm Smith double for the third time in our seventh flag.

Great post mate.

Does that burger 🍔 with the lot come with pineapple or beetroot 😁,
If so that’s almighty burger

Don't mind an outsiders perspective, but that Jason Horne is something special. Not sure I have seen a more complete junior footballer (from about 10 minutes of highlights granted) who will have no problems adjusting to senior footy next year. At times I thought I was watching GAJ, no that was more like his old man. You have a great one here.
p.s. get your hands off Stack.

Back