Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

So we give pick 6 and pick 36 (around about) for pick 4 or 3? What club is going to ream themselves doing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has Gubby gone to any club?

Then we're in with a chance

So is Freo the only team that may go Brander before us? He's the best needs fit but all of the top 6 are quality. I won't be unhappy whoever we nab.

Would be the ultimate to get Brions pick 18 in a deal (w other picks) for Cox if he goes and use that as insurance to grab a KPP slider in case we grab a mid/utility at 6.

Fogarty surely is too good to pass up if Brander is gone at 6?

Hawthorn are exceptions to the rule
However you will find in the beginning it was excessive successful drafting that developed the team
The free agency and the topping up came later
You'll also find that their excessive successful drafting was done before Wrights time. Drafting a new core group of players is a new challenge for Wright. It will be interesting to see if he can actually do it.

How tall is Lever? Langdon was great in the 2nd half of the year once he built fitness and confidence... Do we need Lever when we have Langdon? Go to the draft....lock pick 6...
Thank me later...

You'll also find that their excessive successful drafting was done before Wrights time. Drafting a new core group of players is a new challenge for Wright. It will be interesting to see if he can actually do it.
Wright and Buckanara were the protagonists to the drafting in the 2000s.
Pelcham came along a bit later with mixed results.

Wright and Buckanara were the protagonists to the drafting in the 2000s.
Pelcham came along a bit later with mixed results.
Wright didn't even join Hawthorn until 2007 and wasn't made list manager until 2011. He absolutely had no hand in building Hawthorns core of Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Roughead, Franklin etc.

Turnbull, Buckenara and Pelchen all had a hand in building Hawthorns list up until that point, and their main core for the 2009 premiership was already there when Wright came on board. Wright is responsible for trades like Burgoyne, Gibson, Gunston, Hale and Lake which allowed Hawthorn to rebuild on the fly and stay at the top, but he's never drafted a core group of players.

So is Freo the only team that may go Brander before us? He's the best needs fit but all of the top 6 are quality. I won't be unhappy whoever we nab.

Would be the ultimate to get Brions pick 18 in a deal (w other picks) for Cox if he goes and use that as insurance to grab a KPP slider in case we grab a mid/utility at 6.

Fogarty surely is too good to pass up if Brander is gone at 6?
I can see North picking Brander. They could do with someone to play along side Brown. Easier to pick mids later in the draft. I think if we keep pick 6 and Brander is gone Fogarty will be the next on the list.

Good work Apex
I'll stand corrected if 2007 was his starting year.
I think they got Cyril in 2007.
Either way. Highly rated list manager.
Between him and Pelchem.
It's a pretty easy call.
Pelchems job at the Saints didn't yield the success that was promised.[/QUOTE]

The situation has all changed since Tuesday.
Where as I might have thought that the Pies were in a good position to develop a list. Get draft picks and invest.
Nathan Buckleys re-appointment gives me considerable doubt about our drafting position as I would suspect that the Pies are going to throw everything into getting a premiership for Bucks next year.
Now..we mightn't have the list to win a premiership but the powers of be that drafted Mayne and Wells seem to think so.
I'm half expecting the Pic 6 to wind up at Adelaide.

First WA player taken will be Naughton. Whether Freo pull the trigger at 5 is the next question. Probably too early at this stage although he is bolting up the ranks.

They might well trade down to in order to pluck him. We might also trade up to get ahead of them. This is only a general comment, but IMO, let's wait until post trade and FA on names and stick to types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see North picking Brander. They could do with someone to play along side Brown. Easier to pick mids later in the draft. I think if we keep pick 6 and Brander is gone Fogarty will be the next on the list.

North already have Durdin, McKay, Nielson, and Wood as developing KPP types. How they deal with Waite, Daw and Hansen would dictate if they'd even consider going KPP with the 1st pick but they desperately need some class in their midfield so that's the higher priority.

Do we actually need a Lever?
I'm not so sure.
Our issue boils down to repeat F50 entries without capitalising.
We need a key forward, or two. Not a flakey forward like Faz who has no consistency.
I think we could do with a Graham Norton lever at our club.

North already have Durdin, McKay, Nielson, and Wood as developing KPP types. How they deal with Waite, Daw and Hansen would dictate if they'd even consider going KPP with the 1st pick but they desperately need some class in their midfield so that's the higher priority.

Could one of them be traded out of North? I'm don't mind the look of Mason Wood and if they are keen on Brander surely one of the young guys could be made to make way. What would he cost at the trade table?

Could one of them be traded out of North? I'm don't mind the look of Mason Wood and if they are keen on Brander surely one of the young guys could be made to make way. What would he cost at the trade table?

Doubt it unless they get desperate for picks to lock in a deal for Kelly.

On the topic of Lever as many have already raised here, I've heard a rumour that he is headed to the Pies for pick 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back