Autopsy Pies' brilliant effort - so close! Down by a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should've, could've, didn't.

The Collingwood Football Club story.
15 premierships and won more games of football than any other club.
The REAL Collingwood Football Club story.

Seriously the sport is rigged. Cant believe the calls and missed frees. Really is a joke. I have been losing interest in this sport since we finally won the flag and my god games like this remind me why.

On the other hand we took on and outplayed the 3 time premiers in hawthorn with the umpires winning it for them. And lets not remember we were missing our main defender, important midfielders and our 3 best forwards. Lots of positive signs since like round 7 and do think we can take the next step. If we win 3-4 of those close games we make finals. I dont think we are far of that.

Now if the brown and gold umpires win the flag it all doesn't matter because i wont be watching the sport anymore but we will see.

At the end of the day the coach picks players like Marley Williams and he costs you games.

Coach loses games, then coach loses his job. Pretty simple in this business.

How many turnovers and weak efforts can Williams be allowed to do and the coach still picks him?

Honourable loses pigs a**e.

You reckon Marley Williams would get a game with any side in the top eight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walking home from the game now, don't know what to feel. Numb, but proud. When the Hawks got three goals up in the last quarter, I thought that was it. But the effort we put in, we kept coming and coming, gut wrenching efforts by so many of our guys. I love this club.

Thank Christ the year is over.

Going forward if we can improve our kicking, handballing, decision making, shepherding, tactical play, recruiting we might have a chance in the upcoming years.

This game is good news. We were in the game and really with a more fair umpire scenario we would have won this game. No one can call it a junk game when Hawthorn were playing for a top 4 position.

There are/were plenty of miserable campaigners but we're right on the money.

For me the energy and balance of the team is great. Phillips, Crocker, Wills are super talents. A great way to end the season.

Gutted and damn we played our heart out. How many times didn’t I see a Pies player left on the ground collecting himself. Filthy we lost but unlike last year, till the very last end we hang in there. And this was only our B team. Bring on 2017, we are going to smash them

Well his not really a coach though.
Anyone who can't recognise the difference between the most basic of three letter words is hardly qualified to recognise the qualities of a good coach.

Implications are profound.
They in the poo wee jumpers find ways to win.
Now they have a double chance.
Need to be beaten twice, horribleness.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back