Autopsy Piss off, Juan - Fremantle def Brisbane by 83 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm liking the sound of wizardry from crozier. Haven't seen last two matches is he doing that good? Enough to keep ibbo out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has been exceptional, just knows what he is doing when he has the ball.
He is willing to handpass over the top and run as well as turn and go when he receives the footy, usually takes the first option and actually hits the targets, it has rapidly improved our transition out of defense imo

He has been exceptional, just knows what he is doing when he has the ball.
He is willing to handpass over the top and run as well as turn and go when he receives the footy, usually takes the first option and actually hits the targets, it has rapidly improved our transition out of defense imo

I'm gonna be watching Croz like Big Brother during the Crows game. His distribution off half back is utterly sublime and I reckon more than a few opposing coaches have noticed how much more dangerous it makes us.

Hope someone in our back-line is given the job to play minder for him, otherwise some a-hole is gonna try to flatten him during contested play (I know Croz is much tougher than he looks, but still, his sublime foot skills, marking prowess and relatively slender frame make him a juicy target for any enforcer-types out there.)

So where does everyone see us finishing now? Brisbane and Essendon have 17 and 18 in the bag for mine, reckon we will quite likely go past Gold Coast as well though. Pick 4 after getting the occasional win would be a decent result

Yep that would be about right I think. Pies seem to be in free fall mode however so who knows what they might do? There is also some talk of the Lions getting a bonus pick because they are a basket case. Pick in the range of 4 to 6 would be nice.

Yep that would be about right I think. Pies seem to be in free fall mode however so who knows what they might do? There is also some talk of the Lions getting a bonus pick because they are a basket case. Pick in the range of 4 to 6 would be nice.

I reckon SPS would fall to us on that range.

Go digital. It's hard to swallow paying Lex Luthor Murdoch the extra 10 bucks, but you never have to worry about replay times.
My internet connection is pretty s**t reckon it would struggle with live streaming.

I don't really care about paying $20 a week for Foxtel anyway and there is plenty of other sports and stuff on there to make it worthwhile.

I'm gonna be watching Croz like Big Brother during the Crows game. His distribution off half back is utterly sublime and I reckon more than a few opposing coaches have noticed how much more dangerous it makes us.

Hope someone in our back-line is given the job to play minder for him, otherwise some a-hole is gonna try to flatten him during contested play

No one can stop someone flattening a team mate, though over the top niggles and stuff can be sorted out - or retribution post incident.

But heaven help anyone that gets up to mischief against our players near Zac D. He get's more clumsy than usual and with longer arms in a 197cm unit, that ensures a wider arc and more force of elbows into ribs, guts etc.

I saw him lose his cool last year? One of ours was rubbed out and Zac was seriously going to tear a head and spare limbs off, his own team mates intervening and saving a tribunal (or coroners report). Buggered if I can remember the incident. Zac is like a clucky hen looking after his brood in my own humble opinion and I think the competition knows not to tangle with our defenders, or at least, after being "clumsied against" once, they're less keen on getting a months worth of sore ribs.

I saw him lose his cool last year? One of ours was rubbed out and Zac was seriously going to tear a head and spare limbs off, his own team mates intervening and saving a tribunal (or coroners report). Buggered if I can remember the incident. Zac is like a clucky hen looking after his brood in my own humble opinion and I think the competition knows not to tangle with our defenders, or at least, after being "clumsied against" once, they're less keen on getting a months worth of sore ribs.

When Cockatoo sling tackled Johnson in NAB 3 this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we look a better team without Ibbo. For whatever reason he is not able to move the ball on quickly and with precision, and that's exactly what we need coming out of the backline. It's no coincidence we have looked better with good kicks / decision makers like Mundy, Hill and Crozier down there. For me Ibbo is a downgrade on anyone currently playing and I would have him behind Ethan Hughes as well.

Sad, but I think we need to move past anyone who can't adapt to the quicker ball movement.

How about Ibbo in a negating, shutdown role ala Dawson? Dawsons probably got another year left in him max.

Hope someone in our back-line is given the job to play minder for him, otherwise some a-hole is gonna try to flatten him during contested play (I know Croz is much tougher than he looks, but still, his sublime foot skills, marking prowess and relatively slender frame make him a juicy target for any enforcer-types out there.)

I don't think they're aware of them yet, at least not Port. They will be after the bye though!

How about Ibbo in a negating, shutdown role ala Dawson? Dawsons probably got another year left in him max.
Trouble is Ibbo is 186cm and 80 add kilos, Dawson is 197 and 90 odd. I think Ibbo is too slow to lock down on a small and too short to lock down a tall. He is really only valuable if we play him as an extra "loose" defender and that seems to be not part of the new game plan.

I think he might fall between the cracks, if he does I hope we can get something for him. I think he has something to offer, just not sure it's what we need right now.

At the risk of oversimplifying it, Crozier's positional change and subsequent success spells the end for Ibbo. Croz can take those same relieving defensive marks and then some, his instinctual play and laser boot are assets that we've badly been lacking and ones Ibbo can never hope to possess. He's one of the few senior players getting phased out with actual currency though and I reckon we could snare a late second/early third rounder with some savvy powerpoint presentations and gift baskets.

At the risk of oversimplifying it, Crozier's positional change and subsequent success spells the end for Ibbo. Croz can take those same relieving defensive marks and then some, his instinctual play and laser boot are assets that we've badly been lacking and ones Ibbo can never hope to possess. He's one of the few senior players getting phased out with actual currency though and I reckon we could snare a late second/early third rounder with some savvy powerpoint presentations and gift baskets.
The ability to kick with his right boot with some precision shock me also. Imagine ibbo can use both side to kick definitely will move the ball faster.

Did that happen? I think I missed that one.
Yup lot of people talk about croz right vs Brisbane. I think his right is ok but precision compare to Mitchell still long way off.

Trouble is Ibbo is 186cm and 80 add kilos, Dawson is 197 and 90 odd. I think Ibbo is too slow to lock down on a small and too short to lock down a tall. He is really only valuable if we play him as an extra "loose" defender and that seems to be not part of the new game plan.

I think he might fall between the cracks, if he does I hope we can get something for him. I think he has something to offer, just not sure it's what we need right now.

True. I think the 'loose defender' role is important in any game plan, no matter how modern.
There's probably no other way in saying that he's quite simply doing an important role badly. Doesn't help there's other blokes with the potential to do it better.

Ibbo's done IMO. He's only got one string to his bow. Intercept marking. Will take a team with a very specific need to take him at his age.

When Cockatoo sling tackled Johnson in NAB 3 this year?

Could be. Damn this fuzzy memory. If he looked ready to kill, probably the incident in question.

Most bad boys from yesteryear would have gone out swinging, but Zac looked ready to physically dismember after emasculating and ritually disembowelling, followed by stomping any remains into the ground. A tranquiliser dart wouldn't have worked, they would have needed the elephant gun to subdue him - but that might have just made him angrier.

So where does everyone see us finishing now? Brisbane and Essendon have 17 and 18 in the bag for mine, reckon we will quite likely go past Gold Coast as well though. Pick 4 after getting the occasional win would be a decent result
Freo have the suns up at gold coast later in the year. we will probably beat them too. My prediction is 15th but we finish above the bombers, lions and suns. Then again we might jump a spotbor 2 higher if we win a tough home game or 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back