Resource Plastics vs Dogs, our northern homeground 3:20pm Sat -travel n tix thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a sideline member (living in country NSW nothing else makes sense) so I have to wait for the public release at 2 but I can buy 8 tix then, and hopefully another one next to that group a minute later coz im taking 9 :0

Have 2 different browsers open and buy 5 on one and 4 on the other. Click on the button at the same time.
That will be your best chance of getting tickets close together. If you do 8 and 1, the 1 could end up anywhere.

Are we hoping for more doggie supporters there? I know they have a decent supporter base but I feel like even if half of the crowd is dogs supporters it will be great for our players.
They give out many of their memberships for free, those aren't real supporters and do not constitute a decent supporter base.

They give out many of their memberships for free, those aren't real supporters and do not constitute a decent supporter base.
FWIW I grew up following nrl but stopped after superleague. Moved to Victoria in 2010 and followed the Giants shortly after. I am a paid up member now living down near Melbourne. I’ll be travelling up to the game and I’ll meet a couple of old mates there.
We are a young, growing club full of good people.

FWIW I grew up following nrl but stopped after superleague. Moved to Victoria in 2010 and followed the Giants shortly after. I am a paid up member now living down near Melbourne. I’ll be travelling up to the game and I’ll meet a couple of old mates there.
We are a young, growing club full of good people.
I am friends with Determinant and know that there are some real supporters, but my statement that you quoted remains true.

Game time confirmed ? I’m hoping to fly up and back on the same day.

Edit : Just found out the wife booked us in for a triple date that night with her work colleagues FML

And our friends and relatives helpfully booked a weekend away without our kids for my wife's 40th. Will be lucky to see the game on TV, she's not a sports fan.

And then the Saturday after it's my father-in-law's 70th birthday party. When all this was arranged I didn't think finals were an issue!

Why didn't I marry into a sporting family????

And our friends and relatives helpfully booked a weekend away without our kids for my wife's 40th. Will be lucky to see the game on TV, she's not a sports fan.

And then the Saturday after it's my father-in-law's 70th birthday party. When all this was arranged I didn't think finals were an issue!

Why didn't I marry into a sporting family????

You’ll have to watch on your phone

The winners of the two qualifying finals advance to host the two preliminary finals.
The loser of the First Qualifying Final (Geelong Cats v Collingwood) hosts the winner of the First Elimination Final (West Coast Eagles v Essendon) in the First Semi Final.
The loser of the Second Qualifying Final (Brisbane Lions v Richmond) hosts the winner of the Second Elimination Final (GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs) in the Second Semi Final.
The winner of the First Qualifying Final (Geelong Cats v Collingwood) hosts the winner of the Second Semi Final(Brisbane Lions, Richmond, GWS Giants or Western Bulldogs) in the First Preliminary Final.
The winner of the Second Qualifying Final (Brisbane Lions v Richmond) hosts the winner of the First Semi Final(Geelong Cats, Collingwood, West Coast Eagles or Essendon) in the Second Preliminary Final.
The winners of the two Preliminary Finals face off in the 2019 AFL Grand Final.

Based on this, should we be playing at 3:20pm Sat arvo if we get through? Sorry for derailing thread will stop now

Tickets and flights booked! Let’s turn it into our home ground again!

Pricey as we’ve left it a bit late, so hoping we win!

Have this on order too and hopefully it arrives in time for the game:

6ae50d0ef97c3f5dbfdaf738c201044c.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys, was at the game (same time slot) two weeks ago and was in front bays of Cumberland stand and the sun glare was attrocious. Avoid this side of the ground where possible when getting tickets.

That's no good. I know that my seats are in that stand, down the front.

They are free tickets, so beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$20 for the train (with replacement buses on the way) with travel time around 1 hour (or more if buses are like Melbourne's).
Taxi from Airport to Olympic Park approx $50 with travel time around 30 minutes. Join up with other doggy supporters at the airport and share a taxi for 4 - cost around $12 each would be my suggestion
That's a great idea.

Is anyone here on flight TT226, departing Melbourne at 10:55AM and arriving in Sydney at 12:20PM? Maybe we can arrange to grab a cab from Sydney Airport to Olympic Park (I'll have a mate with me) to half the cost of the cab fare. If there's enough interest and enough of us on a similar flight, perhaps we can get a Maxi Cab or similar.

Jus
$20 for the train (with replacement buses on the way) with travel time around 1 hour (or more if buses are like Melbourne's).
Taxi from Airport to Olympic Park approx $50 with travel time around 30 minutes. Join up with other doggy supporters at the airport and share a taxi for 4 - cost around $12 each would be my suggestion

Will take 40 minutes in taxi, and can take up to an hour if Parramatta Rd is stuffed.

There are no replacement buses from Airport to the ground. Just train to Central, train to Lidcombe and train to Olympic Park. Takes 50 minutes

I got my flights, Thursday night, home early monday morning for $120 jetstar yet tiger similar. 1 day off work and have a mate I can stay with.

Flights were through the roof on Fri/sun so this was my only option. Check it out if you have the time to spare.

I'll be the 43 year old in the old woolen ICI jumper at the Brewery before the game. On my own this time, so come say hello.

If you didn't go to the last final, arrive early & soak up the atmosphere. Homebush is pretty soulless except for the Dogs fans, who made it anything but.

The stadium itself is quite decent, bit like an old VFL ground such as Princes park. Nice place for a footy game, if you're not almost vomiting with nerves during the match. Weather was perfect last time.

Not sure why there is so much venom from Dogs supporters. Hoping for a good game with no injuries.
You're a very good team and have been for a few years now, coached by a Bulldogs legend, captained by a Bulldog that we shamefully let go over (what is believed) to be a small amount of money. Couple that with the fact that nearly every Bulldogs fan were heart broken when Griffen left us at our time of need to go to the Giants. This was amplified with the social media campaigns with the #belessbulldog crap, the schadenfreude displayed when the player that walked out on us not only lost to us in a preliminary final but missed out on a premiership as well. Mix that in with a few on-field biffs with Toby Greene (the kick to Dahlhaus and there was a Caleb Daniel head high knock I believe..), the feeling of always being a battling club and not being shown a lot of love during your inception whilst feeling like you were given quite a lot and a few spankings you guys have given us over the years and you probably get your answer.

Not that it's at all justified, but I'd think that's why. Nothing wrong with some healthy competition though, the media loves it and whether you like it or not, our clubs will never be 'sexy big clubs' so this sort of attention in the media is always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back