Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship 2016 - Ben Kennedy - paid up!

Remove this Banner Ad

but in the meantime any thoughts on what extras might be good? From past experience there are a lot of people on here who would rather stay anonymous than go to a function with other posters IRL, so tickets to club events might be down the list a bit. A second signed jumper or something similar might be better. Thoughts?

How much is left over? Is it enough to get Terlich? I don't mean sponsor him, I mean buy him outright and get him mowing some lawns or something.

Possible Extra Money Ideas:
-donate it to the club
-donate it to the Reach Foundation
-save some of it for next year and possibly upgrade membership level
-buy some kind of demon memorabilia and raffle it off to the people who've chipped in (1 ticket per $25 pledged)
-sponsor a Casey player
-ask or tweet BenKen what he thinks we should do
-help cover Jake Melksham's legal fees when he inevitably sues the druggies
-use the funds to buy an actual bandwagon and paint it red and blue and ride it from Fed Square to the G for Queen's Birthday
Going in line with your serious suggestions, I wouldn't mind buying an actual bandwagon.

Maybe not ask BenKen or we'll all wind up with dodgy body art

Perhaps a second player with reduced/no goodies depending on the cash left. If we got the $200 from BigFooty that might get us there.

Perhaps a second player with reduced/no goodies depending on the cash left. If we got the $200 from BigFooty that might get us there.
As I recall they were pretty much fully booked with player sponsors for the Bronze level at least (the cheapest, and the one we have). The next level up was also pretty well covered, with only a few rookies available - we were nowhere near that amount anyway.

I like the idea of donating some to charity as suggested above. I don't have the exact figures on me now but perhaps we could give half to the club and half to Reach, MND or similar.

Sponsor Tayla Harris or one of the other girls?

I have consulted Topkent , being the other half of the sexiest pig army on this board he told me i cant be part of something like this. Fair's fair, we must stick together. (in much the same way that our gf's are chained to the sink ;);) )

He also told me to post this:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have consulted Topkent , being the other half of the sexiest pig army on this board he told me i cant be part of something like this. Fair's fair, we must stick together. (in much the same way that our gf's are chained to the sink ;);) )
Sexiest pigs aye

2016-04-12-07-51-35-1451202408.jpeg

I would be happy too as well, but the question is without anyone having a license yet is there any players available to sponsor

I'd be interested in any of the following:
-sponsoring a female player
-donating it to MND (or other agreed upon charity) without the need for merchandise in return.
-using it to buy 2 tix to club function for one big footy member to win

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of sponsoring a woman.

I'd say we Would have to be the first board on BF to do it.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/team/womens-team/player-sponsorships
The Melbourne Football Club is a pioneer of women’s football and has been at the forefront of the sport’s development. The club actively pushed for a women’s national competition for a sustained period of time and saw its efforts come to fruition in the form of the inaugural AFL Women’s Match in 2013.

This year, Melbourne will take on the Western Bulldogs at the MCG in round eight and at Etihad Stadium for the return fixture in round 20.

Melbourne retained the following six players for 2015: Daisy Pearce (VIC), Melissa Hickey (VIC), Kara Donnellan (WA), Chelsea Randall (WA), Kirby Bentley (WA) and Tayla Harris (QLD).

The remainder of Melbourne’s playing list was filled at the third annual AFL Women’s Draft on Monday 20 April, 2015.

Michelle Cowan will again be the side’s senior coach in 2015. All of Melbourne’s coaching staff from the 2014 victory – Narelle Smith (back line), Martine Pearman (midfield), Shaun O’Loughlin (midfield), Adrian Pavese (forward line) and Andy Hood (development coach). – have been retained.

How you can support

You can help us by sponsoring an individual player or contributing to the team. Our goal is to raise $500 per player and coach. Every dollar helps and you can support in three ways:

· Supporter Donation ($50-499)
· Sponsor a Player ($500)
· Team Sponsorship ($1,000+)

Player Sponsorship Inclusions
Every Player Sponsor receives the following to thank you for your contribution:

· Thankyou email from the team
· Team photo
· Recognition certificate
· Thank you letter from the player you choose to sponsor

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of sponsoring a woman.

I'd say we Would have to be the first board on BF to do it.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/team/womens-team/player-sponsorships
I reckon this idea is certainly gaining momentum. I like it.

I will bring up my spreadsheet tonight to see the exact numbers, but I suspect we will be close to the $500 required to sponsor a female player - especially if we get BigFooty to chip in their $200, which wasn't required to get us over the line this year. No doubt some would be happy to chip in a little extra, but I don't think that will be needed. Stay tuned.

Can we maybe pay BenKen to get those dumb magpie wings lasered off? I don't know how much that would cost and how it will look in the end but I figure if he comes out looking like a road accident he'll fit into the team look pretty nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back