Opinion Players you thought should have played in a different position but never really did

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've been thinking about Christian Salem, who I've wanted to play forward of centre for some time. Salem did play forward somewhat in the first patch of games, but hasn't really been seen there since - and I'm not quite sure why!

Anyway, it made me wonder what other players thought should have been played elsewhere. Maybe you wanted Brad Miller as a tall winger, or Clint Bizzell to go forward as per time at Geelong.

Any good examples?

I've been thinking about Christian Salem, who I've wanted to play forward of centre for some time. Salem did play forward somewhat in the first patch of games, but hasn't really been seen there since - and I'm not quite sure why!

Anyway, it made me wonder what other players thought should have been played elsewhere. Maybe you wanted Brad Miller as a tall winger, or Clint Bizzell to go forward as per time at Geelong.

Any good examples?
All key forwards who don't immediately come in and star should have a look in defence. Still think someone like Weid could have been ok if he was played as an interceptor alot more or even given the chance.

Salem definitely into the middle.

Always wanted to see Gus drift forward more an drag a mid one on one. He's a good one on one player.

Okay i really wanted to throw Dawes back late in his career with us, use those brick hands for spoiling. Guy could use his frame and tackle, really wanted to try him as a defender

Clint Bizzell to go forward as per time at Geelong.

Any good examples?
Bizzell was a great intrecepting backman though

Although funnily enough was dubbed the next GAblett at Geelong lol

Lynden Dunn was an interesting player. Was good back, showed a bit forward, but I really liked Dunn as a tagger.

Agree re Salem for all the above reasons.
Agree with TK re Gus. He used to drift forward a bit earlier in his career but rarely does now. Is a decent mark for his size. Oliver could probably try this a bit too for bursts - he's a big unit and had got an ok set shot routine together earlier this year/end of last.

Feel like Tapscott could've had a go on the ball. Probably never had the tank but seemed to struggle to stay involved on a flank. Also more opportunities to lay people out (or more realistically hurt himself).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harrison Petty had the worst first game you'll ever see then became a premiership defender

First gamer a bit different to a guy who had been in the league for 5 or 6 years like Weid had been last year

First gamer a bit different to a guy who had been in the league for 5 or 6 years like Weid had been last year
Yeah still would have given him a season down back before I gave him away for nothing. He wasn't a forwards arsehole but he was athletic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back