Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for a break out mid range price player (forward).

Your thoughts on:

T.Walker v P.Dangerfield

DPP is not an issue for me.

All depends on whether you want a rollercoaster ride or a nice smooth drive. Walker would be more fun :)

I'm looking to change up a few players in my backline, for no other reason than wanting something a tiny bit different to the majority of teams I have seen. Wanting to replace Deledio (at my own risk I know) with one of either Connors, Waters or Bruce. Who do you think has the most upside or will score the highest. Do you think Bruce will play a different role for the Hawks?

Also, do you think Jessie Obrien will get some regular games this season. Very tempted to replace Otten with him in my backline, but can see him being named as an emergency for a lot of games. Brisbane supporters?

Cheers in advance.

Foley... better JS... he's pretty much guaranteed to start when fit...

Adcock + Rockliff OR Broughton + Sloane

Thx

So far my mids are:
Swan, Boyd, Bartel, D. Swallow, Harris (Atley, Hibbed, Wallis)
and forwards are:
Franklin, Goodes, N. Riewoldt, Higgins, Petrie, Krakouer (Prestia, Richardson, Matera)

My question is do i go
Foley and Knights or Bewick and Sylvia?

Thanks.

So far my mids are:
and forwards are:
Franklin, Goodes, N. Riewoldt, Higgins, Petrie, Krakouer (Prestia, Richardson, Matera)

My question is do i go

Thanks.

Tough one.

Foley and Knights could net you more points overall, but if they both turn out to be spuds youre stuffed. Plus neither will be a keeper, maybe Knights if he gets to his peak form.

At least with Bewick and Sylvia you know you at least have 1 gun/keeper.

So far my mids are:
and forwards are:

My question is do i go

Thanks.

Foley/Knights is the bigger risk/reward option. If you have Bewick then you will have 5 players from mid or fwd out for stk/bul/bri bye round and would need atley to play which is risky. Depends on how much risk you want to take. Sylvia is a solid keeper and Bewick will be a good cash cow whilst Foley and Knights will be really important players to determine how well you go this year. Trust them?

Toy + Pendlebury + Adcock + 97k mid(Pittard probs)
or
Otten + A Swallow/Boak + Adcock + 97k mid
or
Toy + Murphy/Cross + Everitt + 97k mid
or
Toy + Pendlebury + Everitt + Irons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson has one of the poorest kick to handball ratios in the history of the game.

Has been known to go 1/20 at times.

The only Port player I would pick is Irons for obvious reasons. So no to Boak either.

Zaharakis looks like a player that could push into the middle. Has a great in and under style and good legspeed. Worth a risk for those that like midpricers.

Goodes vs Gianciracusa vs Pavlich??

Watson has one of the poorest kick to handball ratios in the history of the game.

Has been known to go 1/20 at times.

The only Port player I would pick is Irons for obvious reasons. So no to Boak either.

Zaharakis looks like a player that could push into the middle. Has a great in and under style and good legspeed. Worth a risk for those that like midpricers.

Goodes vs Gianciracusa vs Pavlich??
I've got Goodes and Pav, Gia is waaaay too inconsistent. Will average well, but he is bloody frustrating!

I've got Goodes and Pav, Gia is waaaay too inconsistent. Will average well, but he is bloody frustrating!

Yeah because the 60 he scores following a 150 still gives him the impressive and misleading average he goes into the season with. :p If he permanently played midfield he'd so be in my team.

I'd personally take Sylvia, but Goodes is tempting. Has had a strong pre-season. Have nearly selected him a few times

Sandilands + Anthony

vs

Ryder + Boyd

Sandilands, Ryder and Boyd will all average very similar to last year IMO. Anthony is the unknown but he definately has the most scope for improvement out of those players so for that reason i'd go Sandilands + Anthony.

Selwood + Rioli vs. Boak + Franklin

^ thats a tough one, I would probably go with Boak + Franklin because if they both stay on the park they will average over 100 whereas I have my doubts about Cyril being consistant.

Brent Harvey VS Nick Riewoldt???

It's probably going to be about the same. Boak won't score like Selwood does (he'll still get 95+) but Buddy is a much better option than Rioli.

@cats81, Riewoldt.

Who's your other starting ruck? Cox?

If you get Ryder then you have to keep a trade for round 24, but Goodes is definitely > Higgins.

Who's your other starting ruck? Cox?

If you get Ryder then you have to keep a trade for round 24, but Goodes is definitely > Higgins.

There is a big if, but I think Higgins could => Goodes IF he stays fit. Based on that I'd go Sandi and Higgins. But, it's another IF situation.
For durability I'd take Ryder and Goodes but aggressively, the sandi-Higgins combo could be the go.

Ryder and Salopek vs Warnock and S Thompson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back