Players who leave to go elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate Port but I was happy for Choppy to get the success and the Norm Smith on top. I can’t recall the exact events around the Krakouer brothers leaving but they always were Shinboners and I wished them well. As others have stated the circumstances are key, Wellsy, LT, Hale, McIntosh, Grima even Greenbucks I have understood and enjoyed the success when it came. Glendinning really pissed me off as did Gibbo to the Hawks. I was a big fan of his when he kept beating Buddy as his hype was growing, to go to the Hawks was a tragedy.

Its lik

By the looks of it, what Ive seen sincce theyve stopped playing, it looks as though especially Wells and Bell just totally disregard North, its like thy never played for them.

A shame about Belly if so. A 2 time premiership player who seemed at the time indebted to the club. I loved watching him play and to this day, he is the one who has hurt the most leaving in my lifetime.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope as that gangly freak Brown bends down to pick up the ball he gets hit and sent into orbit .
Or he chokes on his tofu sandwich Ezekiel bread of course .

you know made from lentils , spelt and soybeans to name but a few of the ingredients.

Apart from that I don’t really care one way or another . Although the mature response would be to wish him all the best and hope that his career reaches a new level .

Him and the Dees suit each other , imagine the fans reaction as he bumbled around the fwd line if he played for say the Tigers.

Well if Peter Mann had not gone to Freo, I doubt Fairley would be a premiership player.

And I was told that Mann at North was getting 10 times what we were paying Archer.

On the other side of the coin, Buckley didn't come to North, so some karma there.

Generally I don’t care.

nothing against Higgo but I hope he doesn’t win one at Geelong. Mainly because I’d hate Dangerfield being a premiership player. That bloke is a douche...

I think for me it’s got more a to do with the club they go to and the blokes they play with rather than the person themselves.

Only a couple along the journey I’ve been genuinely filthy with. Bell, Gibbo ect.

Sometimes it’s more genuine frustration when they become good players after so many years of us sticking by them.

Leigh Brown a great example.

Circumstances defiantly are a big reason though. The whole Daniel Wells situation is just odd, feels like he’s been a 1 club Collingwood player and not spent his majority of time at North. Maybe what Carlton fans feel like with Waite (god love him).

A curse on any good player who leaves North and does better elsewhere.

The one and only correct response.

While I have you here, what was the story around the Stephen Icke scenario? It caught me by surprise at the time.

Do you mean when he went to Melbourne. As far as I know the club needed money, but there could be something else.

I recall that Icke, Jarrott and Wilson went to Melbourne to fund the recruitment of Jim and Phil. We were pretty much broke 2 years later so finance would likely have been a factor by that stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably should change my avatar lol.

Naturally I don't really pay much attention to players that leave us. Especially watching from the stands...

But, as a change I think I will be especially interested in how Brown and Higgins play out their careers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back