Players whose reputations changed from one incident

Remove this Banner Ad

2 x Boomer Harvey
- Complaining to the snitch council about recieving 300 pinches, for which there was no video or physical evidence
- Taking his wife to the brownlow medal night when she wasnt in peak physical condition
I'll take your Boomer and raise you a Zac Dawson simply for impersonating an AFL footballer. The snaps he has of Woss the Boss and Pav in the bath together have been great for his career!

I'll take your Boomer and raise you a Zac Dawson simply for impersonating an AFL footballer. The snaps he has of Woss the Boss and Pav in the bath together have been great for his career!

Zac Dawson's a good one. That game against Rocca was just brutal on him. Until he moved to the Saints that one game was all he was ever known for.

Even though it was fairly early in his career, Milburn's hit on Sivagni set up many people's opinion of the guy for the rest of his career.

Seriously someone who was white could say that there are so manly lazy refos from the middle East plus Somalia who are absolutely lazy and happy to pick up Centrelink while doing nothing and as a result would be labelled racist in an identical manner to how you are labeling goodoldcats .

Yeah, it would be staggering if someone who was white said that and was labeled a racist! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zac Dawson's a good one. That game against Rocca was just brutal on him. Until he moved to the Saints that one game was all he was ever known for.

Pretty much because he played just one game for Hawthorn (the next week, in Round 18 of that 2006 season) in the 2 1/2 years that followed that towelling. There wasn't really a whole lot of opportunity given to redeem himself or change people's view.

Dale Kickett in the demo derby....I thought he was quite a quiet bloke...then that happened :)
Went from liking him to loving him!
People forget that he turned himself from a journeyman at four other AFL clubs (Fitzroy, West Coast, St Kilda, Essendon) who'd only ever really been successful in the WAFL, to coming runner-up in the Freo B&F in 1995 and 1996, before being the club's Best & Fairest player in 1997, and eventually becoming the Dockers' first hundred-gamer in 1999.

Interesting thread. Some that haven't been mentioned:

Ted Hopkins' reputation rests solely on one half of football.

Nick Duigan was a decent enough HBF who kicked four goals once in his AFL career.

Nicky Winmar at Victoria Park. That image of him is iconic and will still be looked at in a hundred years.

Jon Dorotich went from being a Carlton w***er to just a w***er

And I can't believe no-one's brought up this one yet:

fevola2_wideweb__470x303,0.jpg

Interesting thread. Some that haven't been mentioned:

Ted Hopkins' reputation rests solely on one half of football.

Nick Duigan was a decent enough HBF who kicked four goals once in his AFL career.

Nicky Winmar at Victoria Park. That image of him is iconic and will still be looked at in a hundred years.

Jon Dorotich went from being a Carlton ****** to just a ******

And I can't believe no-one's brought up this one yet:

fevola2_wideweb__470x303,0.jpg

You implying Fev had a reputation that didn't involve loving the piss prior?

“Aboriginal people have been here a lot longer than anybody else, so just remember whose lands you are on.” quote by Goodes.
“our very dark past, a brutal history of dispossession, theft and slaughter”.

“Europeans, and the governments that have run our country, have raped, killed and stolen,”
“The people who benefited most from those rapes, those killings and that theft ... turn away in disgust when someone seeks to expose it.”

Like I said, a flog who will be remember as a racist towards whit people
Flog of the highest order.

I think it was Stephen kretiuk - punching matty lloyd in the hand all game when he was coming back from a hand injury and was wearing a glove. Believe it was the same game hird came back from his broken face and lloyd missed a shot after the siren to win the game - was a draw. Dog act by kretiuk

“Aboriginal people have been here a lot longer than anybody else, so just remember whose lands you are on.” quote by Goodes.
“our very dark past, a brutal history of dispossession, theft and slaughter”.

“Europeans, and the governments that have run our country, have raped, killed and stolen,”

“The people who benefited most from those rapes, those killings and that theft ... turn away in disgust when someone seeks to expose it.”

Like I said, a flog who will be remember as a racist towards whit people

Aboriginals have been on Australia for 40 000 years.
There is a brutal history of dispossession, theft and slaughter from white people.
The Europeans did rape, kill and steal from the Aboriginals.
There was a lot of hiding this back in the day.

And the reason Goodes needs to say this stuff is because of people like you :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back