PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't find the article so just paraphrasing but I remember when it first appeared on Xbox the reason for the delay from Sony was something about it being something that would be deeply integrated into the PS5 environment. However what we've got is just what Xbox got first and that's after linking your Discord and PS accounts you first have to join a Discord voice channel on your phone or computer then select "send to PlayStation" (or something like that). It completely works and it's fine, but it feels like more of a quick and dirty solution. One of the Xbox guys in our clan last night sent a photo of how it is now on his Series X and it's a fully embedded app that appears when he presses the Xbox button on his controller. It's on the menu where you can see voice chats, adjust settings etc, he can even change voice channels from there and doesn't even need his phone.

The full integration came like 2-3 weeks after the first update on Xbox. Will probably be the same on PlayStation. They might even be working on making screens share work since it’s an already existing function on PS5.

I upgraded the ps4 disc version of Ghosts to the PS5 version but every time I put the disc in it asks me to install the ps4 version

Did this latest update fix this issue?
Exact same thing is happening with Final Fantasy 7 for me right now. I legit just looked up answers on Google and saw the notification here.

A lot of headphones and accessories have aftermarket parts, ear cushions, head straps etc. My one fear if the Inzone H9 came true and googling it I see it's common and the #1 fault. The cushion in the head strap is only glued in and isn't detachable like so many other headphones. The glue is s**t and the foam has started busting out of the leatherette. The sound and features are great, but I've been able to replace the parts of most other headsets that wear out (I've still got a draw full of ear cushions for an old set of Sennheisers I used). I know most of these gaming headsets are a built a bit cheap but if you're looking at spending that sort of money then look for something more rugged.

A lot of headphones and accessories have aftermarket parts, ear cushions, head straps etc. My one fear if the Inzone H9 came true and googling it I see it's common and the #1 fault. The cushion in the head strap is only glued in and isn't detachable like so many other headphones. The glue is s**t and the foam has started busting out of the leatherette. The sound and features are great, but I've been able to replace the parts of most other headsets that wear out (I've still got a draw full of ear cushions for an old set of Sennheisers I used). I know most of these gaming headsets are a built a bit cheap but if you're looking at spending that sort of money then look for something more rugged.

I got the pulse and it ended up having the normal issue of if right hand dominant just above the seam where the head strap is connected, it cracks, doesn't matter if you use it don't use it, bump it, flex it anything. So right now I have clips on it since didn't have any glue or tape to just hold it in place.

The newer headsets just scream thinner material use for every day use.

Anyone had any experience getting a PS store refund? i've put in a request for AFL23, they've given me troubleshooting steps to follow before they can process it but i assume i can just ignore doing them & follow up getting the refund? or is it something thats tracked?

Anyone had any experience getting a PS store refund? i've put in a request for AFL23, they've given me troubleshooting steps to follow before they can process it but i assume i can just ignore doing them & follow up getting the refund? or is it something thats tracked?

“Full games, downloadable content, in-game consumables and season passes fall under this category.

After purchasing this type of content through PlayStation Store, you have 14 days from purchase to request a refund. If you have started to download or stream the purchased content you will not be eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty.”

It wouldn’t be easy to get a refund since I assume that you have downloaded the game? The game technically isn’t “faulty” but it does contain lots of bugs/glitches. So maybe you can tell Sony about those and see what they say.

I have never asked for a refund so I am not sure of your chances. Good luck mate.

Would also like to know the outcome of this as the state of the game is terrible but not sure it falls under that category. Maybe the more people request a refund the more chance of it going through.

“Full games, downloadable content, in-game consumables and season passes fall under this category.

After purchasing this type of content through PlayStation Store, you have 14 days from purchase to request a refund. If you have started to download or stream the purchased content you will not be eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty.”

It wouldn’t be easy to get a refund since I assume that you have downloaded the game? The game technically isn’t “faulty” but it does contain lots of bugs/glitches. So maybe you can tell Sony about those and see what they say.

I have never asked for a refund so I am not sure of your chances. Good luck mate.

I’ve had a refund processed before, but I purchased the game accidentally and didn’t download it.

The main precedent is CyberPunk, where PlayStation removed it from the store completely.

This is why physical games are still important.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They're s**t mate. I tried for months to get a Battlefield refund and they never did.

Current laws make it easier. Way back I got a refund for Titanfall given it took 45 minutes to get a game on an American server with 400 ping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current laws make it easier. Way back I got a refund for Titanfall given it took 45 minutes to get a game on an American server with 400 ping.

You'd think that but never had any luck with Battlefield because I had played it, what a mess that game was, worse than AFL.

Their refund is a bit hit and miss and really shouldn't be due to our laws. I've managed a refund a couple times over the years. I know one was a game that turned out to be pretty s**t and I remember another was a pre-order with a beta that apparently playing was meant to void my refund. Both times I said the game just wasn't as advertised. Though for a couple other games they just denied it citing I had played it and the game wasn't faulty. I guess it's just the luck of who answers your ticket. I know that I was entitled by law for a refund every time but I wasn't about to go jump through hoops with the ACCC or whatever over ~$100.

Steam does this really well and hopefully if there are enough complaints then Sony will copy. I can't remember exactly what it is with Steam but it's something like within 7 days of purchase and less than 2 hours played and you're entitled to a refund for any reason you want (I usually say something like game not as advertised or something though to be safe).

Their refund is a bit hit and miss and really shouldn't be due to our laws. I've managed a refund a couple times over the years. I know one was a game that turned out to be pretty s**t and I remember another was a pre-order with a beta that apparently playing was meant to void my refund. Both times I said the game just wasn't as advertised. Though for a couple other games they just denied it citing I had played it and the game wasn't faulty. I guess it's just the luck of who answers your ticket. I know that I was entitled by law for a refund every time but I wasn't about to go jump through hoops with the ACCC or whatever over ~$100.

Steam does this really well and hopefully if there are enough complaints then Sony will copy. I can't remember exactly what it is with Steam but it's something like within 7 days of purchase and less than 2 hours played and you're entitled to a refund for any reason you want (I usually say something like game not as advertised or something though to be safe).

Was successful with Cyberpunk but that took longer than it should, was just prior to them removing it from the store.

Xbox have always approved any refunds I’ve put through.

I was tossing up between getting a ps5 because of the games that are exclusive like Spider-Man 2 and Last of Us games was tempted to have a crack at them. Digital option seems like it might be the go? Or would it be highly recommended to still get a disc version PS?

Xbox have always approved any refunds I’ve put through.

I was tossing up between getting a ps5 because of the games that are exclusive like Spider-Man 2 and Last of Us games was tempted to have a crack at them. Digital option seems like it might be the go? Or would it be highly recommended to still get a disc version PS?

I prefer the disc version version for trade in and returns if the game doesn’t run well on launch. Physical seems to be much cheaper than the PS storefront as well.

If you can wait, the word is Sony will be releasing a new digital version with a detachable disk drive later this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back