PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

I use rest mode all the time. the only time its powered down is when i lose power.

Do you guys have the reccomended room for air because it gets hot. Its almost like a portable heater in winter, could only imagine how hot it gets on hot summer days if its not in a mid-low 20s' room.

This happened to me when I first got the PS5.

I turned off rest mode complety not sure if that fixed it but haven't had any issues since. I have an external HDD for my PS4 games and every time I booted from rest mode it would corupt the HDD where i need to reinstall the games

I don't trust the PS5's rest mode
Yeah I had to turn mine off as well. Would basically do a full shutdown when in restmode as if I'd pulled the plug. Didn't want my s**t corrupted so don't use it. Not a huge deal for me.

Got my hands on a PS5. Can I just say how much better the UI is on this compared to the Series X. Snappy, looks great. Downloads also aren’t impeded by playing a game like on PS4 and Series X.

It may not have quick resume but with how fast the loading times are anyway it doesn’t bother me.

Same. I'll shut it down occasionally though but for the most part it sits in rest mode. I don't even quit out of the game I'm playing.
I tend to close games, just because of how many are always online now and if you put them in rest mode sometimes it takes longer to log back into that game then relaunch it.

Got my hands on a PS5. Can I just say how much better the UI is on this compared to the Series X. Snappy, looks great. Downloads also aren’t impeded by playing a game like on PS4 and Series X.

It may not have quick resume but with how fast the loading times are anyway it doesn’t bother me.

”Resume activity” is pretty close to it. Hit that tab and you’re right back in the game at whatever you were doing,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought a Series X when I traded in the PS4 (already had a PS5).

Played Forza on it but it honestly hasn't been turned on in over 6 months.
I downloaded Horizon 5, played it for one night then deleted it. I think I’ll wait for Motorsport.

I only play Call of Duty and Halo on it at the moment, and I’ve stopped with COD. I completed the Halo games and the Gears trilogy.

All my new single player games I am going to play on the PS5 for sure. Plus I have my old PS4 saves for multiplayer games like Siege and Battlefield 4 that I keep returning to.

Don’t know what to do with my Xbox to be honest.

Im in a similar position. Since I stopped playing COD my xbox has only been used to charge my PSVR controllers yesterday :tearsofjoy:

Its value for me is in gamepass but just have too much of a backlog on my main console to even consider the xbox at the moment. Maybe I'll give it to the kids to play.

I downloaded Horizon 5, played it for one night then deleted it. I think I’ll wait for Motorsport.

I only play Call of Duty and Halo on it at the moment, and I’ve stopped with COD. I completed the Halo games and the Gears trilogy.

All my new single player games I am going to play on the PS5 for sure. Plus I have my old PS4 saves for multiplayer games like Siege and Battlefield 4 that I keep returning to.

Don’t know what to do with my Xbox to be honest.
Considering selling mine on marketplace or something tbh. Loved playing Forza but realistically it's probably not worth having to just sit around collecting dust all it's life.

Considering selling mine on marketplace or something tbh. Loved playing Forza but realistically it's probably not worth having to just sit around collecting dust all it's life.

If you have game pass, you could use your XBOX once a year when MLB The Show is free. The whole thing will pay itself off in 6-7 years. :p

Just for anyone on the classics plan or who decided to try out the Legend of Dragoon release, it's got bugs galore at present, so here's what I know;

Rose's dragoon form basically causes instability in the game. Can crash it immediately, can work, will require a complete restart to potentially continue onwards. So simply before you intend to use it, make sure you have an immediate save and it should be fine to recover. Eg: I got jade spirit, made it to lohan, rentered, first battle straight refused to load. Loaded fine on world map, just not in next region.

There's graphic glitches, so at present if you get triggered by flickering lights, things might have a blue green flicker to them randomly visually akin to first sort of emulation instances of this game that were straight broken.

Sound is also a bit poor, seems death sound will trump voice lines, ambience will trump it too, some voice lines are straight missing. Sound is very hit and miss though once again Rose trumps all in sound.

Rewind in game also causes instability, seems to work fine but I believe it's using save states per scene trigger so depending on when and how yeah, memory overflow nonsense.

I love the game mind you, but yeah just things to consider for anyone that was interested.

Glad I made the switch to PS5 this gen my brother owns a Series X and he hasn't touched it in like 6 months been collecting dust there is nothing to play apart from Forza and Halo if it wern't for Gamepass no one would buy an Xbox
I think I’ll keep mine for now, might mod it so I can emulate older games on it too. I probably won’t make much money back by selling/trading it in. I don’t have a PC so I’ll just keep this aside.

The old school demo seems to be making a comeback, between PS+ and just the normal storefront so games have a demo version.

It’s nice to be able to play a game before buying, I would also say developers are selling a few more copies because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think I’ll keep mine for now, might mod it so I can emulate older games on it too. I probably won’t make much money back by selling/trading it in. I don’t have a PC so I’ll just keep this aside.
MVG has done a few videos on emulation for the Series X it's very impressive can run stuff like Gamecub flawlessly if I had one I would turn it into an emulation box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back