PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

I was meant to reply but forgot.

That should work. Set the audio out on the PS5 to HDMI and inside the monitor's OSD set audio to Aux/headphones/whatever. Set volume to 100 on the monitor so you can then just control the levels through the sound bar.
Worked perfectly, thank you.

The volume on the monitor was set to 0 so it was probably working previously, I just never would've had sound coming out. D'oh.

I’ve had my PS5 since launch, and I’ve only “cleaned” it once.

I removed the top cover to wipe some dust off but then had trouble getting it back on! There were definitely a few marks/scratches left from the hooks underneath the cover.

After finally getting it back on I vowed to never attempt that again 😂😂😂

Practice makes perfect

I'd clean it more than once every 2 years :p. I try to do mine every second month. The most recent time a few weeks back I opened it up further taking the actual fan out and gave that a deeper clean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy crap, your post just inspired me to do the same. I just took the plates off, vacuumed them and the inside of the PS5 everywhere, most of it was caked in 2+ years worth of dust. I didn’t do anything like removing vents etc as I am not that confident, however, you should have seen how much less dust there is now haha.

And now after seeing your post I had to go clean my series x haha, had noticed the last few weeks it has been getting louder. Super easy console to pull apart, there was so much dust in there, got rid of it all and now the console is as quiet as a mouse again!

Will be making sure I clean it more often, got it at launch in late 2020 so that’s over 3 years of dust build up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back