PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Happened to be in Bendigo today and decided to call up the local EB, Harvey Norman, Big W etc just to see what wait times are.

One said "the wait list is long - we are not accepting anyone else but believe we may be in a position in June to take new orders. Hold on, our system says we have one in stock... that can't be right, we have never had any spare stock and our wait list is quite long. Let me investigate."

View attachment 1120636
I live in Bendigo and check in fortnightly and haven't found anything, god that's annoying

Last edited:
I love in Bendigo and check in fortnightly and haven't found anything, god that's annoying
Go try your luck at Harvey Norman my friend.

I live in Bendigo and check in fortnightly and haven't found anything, god that's annoying
And the EB guy said there's a big shipment coming towards the end of the month to clear the waiting list and there should be stock on shelves by then.

First thoughts.

Its big.

But considering the last console I played was my Super Nintendo, the design is much more sleek ;)

Hotspotted off my phone to set it up and download the updates etc.

Looking forward to Astro's playroom until after our internet issues are sorted so I can download games (as I got the digital version). The controller feels lovely to hold.

I am such a n00b I hadn't realised Netflix etc are all available on consoles these days (honestly the last console I had was the original Xbox and Super Nintendo) so I'm a little giddy right now.

First thoughts.

Its big.

But considering the last console I played was my Super Nintendo, the design is much more sleek ;)

Hotspotted off my phone to set it up and download the updates etc.

Looking forward to Astro's playroom until after our internet issues are sorted so I can download games (as I got the digital version). The controller feels lovely to hold.

I am such a n00b I hadn't realised Netflix etc are all available on consoles these days (honestly the last console I had was the original Xbox and Super Nintendo) so I'm a little giddy right now.

New toys are fun. Enjoy.

New toys are fun. Enjoy.
My PS5 was set to automatically turn on if it could read an HDMI cable so I spent a few minutes in fear that my PS5 was broken and wouldnt shut down as it kept turning itself back on...

What an odd setting.

Crises averted after I googled the issue.

Couldn’t imagine going straight from the 2D graphics of the SNES straight to the PS5.

SNES was before my time but I saw graphics evolve through the N64 to now.

If you told me years ago that graphics would get better than the GameCube i would laugh.

My PS5 was set to automatically turn on if it could read an HDMI cable so I spent a few minutes in fear that my PS5 was broken and wouldnt shut down as it kept turning itself back on...

What an odd setting.

Crises averted after I googled the issue.

I turned that off since yeah, odd, but second night mine kinda didn't close an app and then just sat there trying to rest mode for about 20mins, so basically less than 48hr after getting mine it was cycling power and "will you fix or brick?" and it fixed as I saw a progress bar.

They just seems to be kinda odd in general at present with how they've done things software wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you on the EB wait list? If so, I know a guy who might have stolen your PS5!
"Stole" is such an ugly word.

"prematurely given" sounds much nicer.

Couldn’t imagine going straight from the 2D graphics of the SNES straight to the PS5.

SNES was before my time but I saw graphics evolve through the N64 to now.

If you told me years ago that graphics would get better than the GameCube i would laugh.
I remember playing Half Life 2 with a friend on his 360 and commenting on how it's hard to imagine graphics getting any better.

Will wait to see what the look like but black/red black/grey doesn't appeal to me. Depends on what tone of red and grey they use. Hopefully they give us a custom controller creator like xbox had/will have back soon.

I also like the white. Think it looks really nice. Would just rather have 2 different colours than 2 of the same. Give me that translucent blue on they had of the PS4 and controller please. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back