PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

got a weird thing where occasionally i'll go to wake the ps5 and the controller wont connect. have to go start the actual console and then get the whole "you didn't turn off the ps5 correctly, blah blah blah".
dont have power supply issues and certainly didnt unplug the machine.

worried i have a dodgy connection in the console somewhere and i'll end up losing data due to corruption. its a bit odd

got a weird thing where occasionally i'll go to wake the ps5 and the controller wont connect. have to go start the actual console and then get the whole "you didn't turn off the ps5 correctly, blah blah blah".

worried i have a dodgy connection in the console somewhere and i'll end up losing data due to corruption. its a bit odd
Happens to me on occasion. Apparently was only an issue when being put in rest mode.

I think it was a combo of restmode and power saving settings enabled. apparently sometimes in restmode if power savings is on it can cut out for a sec or so which will be detected next time the console is turned on.

I had that happen to me a bit on my old ps5 before it s**t the bed. Hopefully it's not a sign of what's to come for you.

I've had the same thing, the Sony helpline reckoned they'd never heard of such an issue and then told me to rebuild the database and if that doesn't fix it to reset the whole thing. Since I've done the database thing it has done it a couple of times but for some strange reason it only seems to do it now if I come in and out of shutting it down to safe mode twice in one day. It makes no sense but now once I turn it on I leave it on for the rest of the day and it hasn't done it since.

I can't believe people still keep faulty equipment. Respect your money.
If it's an issue that resolves by resetting it, why would I waste my time packing it up, driving to the store, getting a replacement, driving back and spending a few hours setting everything back up? Or worse, waiting a week for it to be fixed/replaced? I'm in lockdown, the * you expect me to do while waiting? Spend time with my family? * that.

If it's a persistent issue and/or critical then sure. But taking it back because you can't be ****ed doing a quick Google search is a bit much. Electronics are always going to have their quirks, you're forever going to be returning s**t over every little bug.

Which ssd did you go with?

All sold out at the moment though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All sold out at the moment though.
You obviously think 1TB is enough? I’m tossing up between that or the 2TB. Just wary of how many updates games can get.

You obviously think 1TB is enough? I’m tossing up between that or the 2TB. Just wary of how many updates games can get.

Price is the biggest factor. A compatible 2TB is nearly the price of another PS5. 1TB plus the 600gb or whatever it is already in the PS5 is for now enough to keep your usual go to games installed plus a decent collection of others. In the future should games get much bigger then hopefully the price of 2TB nvme gen4 drives become more affordable.

Price is the biggest factor. A compatible 2TB is nearly the price of another PS5. 1TB plus the 600gb or whatever it is already in the PS5 is for now enough to keep your usual go to games installed plus a decent collection of others. In the future should games get much bigger then hopefully the price of 2TB nvme gen4 drives become more affordable.
Totally get that point. That’s my dilemma I guess. Whether to just bite the bullet now and go for the big one.

Maybe I’m naive but I’m really surprised how expensive they are.

Totally get that point. That’s my dilemma I guess. Whether to just bite the bullet now and go for the big one.

Maybe I’m naive but I’m really surprised how expensive they are.

Yeah they're really dear, not just you. On my current PC build I went for just about every bell and whistle but I still couldn't justify the price of gen 4 nvme drives. Gen 3 are much cheaper and perform just as well in real world applications. It's just a shame that the PS5 is only supporting gen 4.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits is out now. Anyone been following it? I remember liking the reveal trailer but not watched anything else.

A lot of the review talk is around it being a PS2 era platformer and seems as though it’s a pretty experience.

I’ll definitely give it a look at some point, probably after GOT once I’m sick of open worlds haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As above the price was the main point. I lived with only 2TB in my PS4 and it wasn't an issue so hopefully the same here.

Just posted Now, if people are looking.
bc433b8f4229dc50d74856b10a4d2549.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back