Politicians having affairs- does it change your vote?

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps they could fly him back to NZ and sneak him in amongst the 150,000 cows they about to euthanize.

They've given us some ripper politicians over the years.

Sir Joh, Bàaaaaaaaarnaby and Hinch.

If Joyce were keeping Ch7's money for himself, the ATO would count his media whoredom as a second job and would tax that income accordingly.

So it's interesting that he can take a long period of leave from his main job, but he's apparently still fine to perform his second job. My employer certainly wouldn't stand for that bullshit.

I think it's over for him. New England might end up having its second by-election within 12 months. He can't come back from this, and Auntie Gina will probably pay him more to be a lobbyist/"government liaison" anyway.

Page 5 in the Oz. Anyone care to guess where it would have been had it been a Labor politician?

I'm searching feverishly for any mention of the michaelia cash latest on the murdoch sites right now..........

It's sick leave, I believe, which would have accumulated in his near 20 years in Parliament. But yeah, would be nice to get three months' paid leave for mistakes of your own making.
But didn't the High Court rule he was ineligible and was incorrectly elected and wasn't that the reason for the By-Election which he won about 6 months ago?

I know I'm being Pedantic, but....."the High Court did so rule"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She must suck the bedsheets up his arse for him to totally implode like this.

If I was Labor I wouldn't grant a pair - the situation is completely of his own making.
Most, if not all of these situations are of their own making. It doesn’t mean that people shouldn’t be allowed personal leave to try and fix or recover from it!

But didn't the High Court rule he was ineligible and was incorrectly elected and wasn't that the reason for the Bi-Election which he won about 6 months ago?

This isn't the first time I've seen it spelled this way on BigFooty.

Is this now an acceptable derivation of "by-election"?

But didn't the High Court rule he was ineligible and was incorrectly elected and wasn't that the reason for the By-Election which he won about 6 months ago?

Fair point.

I'd be interested to see how the leave of Politicians is treated.

I mean given all of them are on a Fixed term contract- their annual leave should be paid out at the cessation of each term of parliament.

Their sick leave should be voided after the cessation of that contract as well.

I really wish we still had Clarke and Dawes available because a piece on Barnaby right now would be absolute gold - the $150,000 issue could become the new "the front fell off".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back