News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
A touch of the Russell Eberts as the Teal Samurai (thanks malcolm) can grab the ball with one hand from the top.

604591-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

GEELONG, AUSTRALIA - JUNE 29: Kai Pudney of South Australia runs with the ball during the AFL U18 Championships match between the Allies and South Australia at GMHBA Stadium on June 29, 2018 in Geelong, Australia.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-08-31/pudney-wins-under-18s-medal
PORT ADELAIDE Next Generation Academy player Kai Pudney has won the 2018 McCallum-Tomkins Medal as the finest player in the SANFL Under 18s competition. Pudney, who is part of the club’s Multicultural and Indigenous Next Generation Academy because of his Japanese heritage, plays for Woodville-West Torrens. Originally from the Port District Football Club, Pudney was also a member of the South Australian Under 18 team which won the AFL National Championship.

In 2018, playing for the Eagles, he has played 11 games in the Under 18 Torrens Uni Cup, averaging more than 31 disposals. The 18-year-old – who measures in at 186cm and 78kg........

McCALLUM-TOMKINS MEDAL LEADERBOARD
Kai Pudney (Eagles) 23
Kade Chandler (Norwood) 20
Bailey Coleman-Oakes (North) 20
Jarrod Miller (Eagles) 17
Jordon O’Brien (Central) 13
Luke Bogle (South) 13
Jackson Mead (Eagles) 11
Daniel Sladojevic (South) 10
Ethan Moore (West) 10
Brad Potter (Glenelg) 10
Jed Spence (Norwood) 10
Will Gutsche (West) 10

A touch of the Russell Eberts as the Teal Samurai (thanks malcolm) can grab the ball with one hand from the top.

604591-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

GEELONG, AUSTRALIA - JUNE 29: Kai Pudney of South Australia runs with the ball during the AFL U18 Championships match between the Allies and South Australia at GMHBA Stadium on June 29, 2018 in Geelong, Australia.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-08-31/pudney-wins-under-18s-medal
PORT ADELAIDE Next Generation Academy player Kai Pudney has won the 2018 McCallum-Tomkins Medal as the finest player in the SANFL Under 18s competition. Pudney, who is part of the club’s Multicultural and Indigenous Next Generation Academy because of his Japanese heritage, plays for Woodville-West Torrens. Originally from the Port District Football Club, Pudney was also a member of the South Australian Under 18 team which won the AFL National Championship.

In 2018, playing for the Eagles, he has played 11 games in the Under 18 Torrens Uni Cup, averaging more than 31 disposals. The 18-year-old – who measures in at 186cm and 78kg........

McCALLUM-TOMKINS MEDAL LEADERBOARD
Kai Pudney (Eagles) 23
Kade Chandler (Norwood) 20
Bailey Coleman-Oakes (North) 20
Jarrod Miller (Eagles) 17
Jordon O’Brien (Central) 13
Luke Bogle (South) 13
Jackson Mead (Eagles) 11
Daniel Sladojevic (South) 10
Ethan Moore (West) 10
Brad Potter (Glenelg) 10
Jed Spence (Norwood) 10
Will Gutsche (West) 10
is he an academy pick we can use?

I completely forgot I looked up Kai's athletic profile in late June. Good another 400m runner, just like Riley Bonner. As I recently wrote about Bonner the desired athletic profile of an AFL footballer has changed over the last decade, from an 800m/1,500m runner to a 400m runner who has speedendurance rather than speed and endurance.
Our Polec replacement in a year or two?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think my head cold has got to me, but what are HR's?
As GR said, handball receives. It's champion datas wanky way of recording all the different ways you can gain possession.

Ground ball get
Hard ball get
loose ball get
Contested possession
Uncontested possession
Handball receive
Uncontested mark
Contested mark
Mark on lead
Free kick for
Intercept possession
Intercept mark
etc.

As GR said, handball receives. It's champion datas wanky way of recording all the different ways you can gain possession.

Ground ball get
Hard ball get
loose ball get
Contested possession
Uncontested possession
Handball receive
Uncontested mark
Contested mark
Mark on lead
Free kick for
Intercept possession
Intercept mark
etc.
How come they dont produce that HR data for the public to see on their tables and AFL.com.au and AFL app stats?

Because they probably deem that no supporters cares about Handball receives and would prefer to see pressure acts and what not.

I'm sure the Champion Data twitter page could answer that one.
Or Champion_Data...

We need to draft Fredrick so that we have a Manguru on our list. Bugger this Anglicisation of his name to Martin. We need a guru!

We need to draft Fredrick so that we have a Manguru on our list. Bugger this Anglicisation of his name to Martin. We need a guru!

Absolutely, provided he agrees with it.

Though it may be that Manguru is a modified version of his real name, which happens.

But how good to have our own male guru

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back