Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda thought Pendles thanking the crowd was a little bit of a dig. When they're already booing that hard, you've gotta know that's gonna make them go harder.

I was begging for him to thank the umpires. Begging. The crowd response would've been enormous.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You know what's gross? Media personalities openly showing contempt for supporters at large. **** you campaigners, we actually put money into this sport, what do you pricks do for the game?

It's the MO of the liberal class. People like Whateley, Gil and co have nothing but contempt for "the mob", particularly an unruly one.

It reached fever pitch this week with the Ablett booing. Whateley couldn't possibly concieve of the idea that Ablett was being booed for liking Folau's tweet. The mob simply lacks the intelligence for that. It had to be something else, something unsavoury.

To these buffoons we're just a bunch of twits who need to be managed with even more rules. They know best.

The way the industry protects certain individuals i.e. media anointed stars and good blokes of the game over others is beyond a joke. You only need to look at the treatment of Lindsay Thomas last year to see how wide this particular chasm is.
Really?! Lindsay Thomas is your guide to unfairly treated players?

It's the MO of the liberal class. People like Whateley, Gil and co have nothing but contempt for "the mob", particularly an unruly one.

It reached fever pitch this week with the Ablett booing. Whateley couldn't possibly concieve of the idea that Ablett was being booed for liking Folau's tweet. The mob simply lacks the intelligence for that. It had to be something else, something unsavoury.

To these buffoons we're just a bunch of twits who need to be managed with even more rules. They know best.

Shocking that a pair of blokes who wouldn’t have donned their colours, paid their money and sat amongst the riff-raff to barrack for Geelong/Essendon with pathological bias for the right result in 20-30 years believe that in the moment, under those circumstances, Bombers fans should’ve taken a deep breath and applauded their archrival.

Because ANZAC Day.

Last edited:

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That was an awesome game of footy. Those five minutes before half time where Essendon made a huge push were as compelling as a final. Always will be fashionable for neutrals to play Anzac Day football down, but that was as engrossing and dramatic as you could have hoped for :)

Sadly is probably going to be overshadowed by the mouthbreathing booing of Pendlebury. Yes the umpiring at the end was poor, but if thats where we've got to as a society then well heaven help the country (& I'm not religious).

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
That was an awesome game of footy. Those five minutes before half time where Essendon made a huge push were as compelling as a final. Always will be fashionable for neutrals to play Anzac Day football down, but that was as engrossing and dramatic as you could have hoped for :)

Sadly is probably going to be overshadowed by the mouthbreathing booing of Pendlebury. Yes the umpiring at the end was poor, but if thats where we've got to as a society then well heaven help the country (& I'm not religious).
Well said. It was "cant look away footy"

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics

at that point the game was looking to be going down the path of another blowout as well.
really did make the game into a contest.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes a bit of booing has been the catalyst for me worrying about the state of humanity, nothing has ever highlighted the downfall of our species quite like booing.

but if thats where we've got to as a society then well heaven help the country (& I'm not religious).

Mmm.

I personally rank the crisis of passionate fans still seething about unfair umpiring in a narrow loss reacting to cockahoop rival fans cheering by booing, over our domestic violence crisis.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm going full boo mode tomorrow night..
In fact I want campaigners to boo me too...

In before....
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.41.51 pm copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back