Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could've been worse, I've seen American sports games where fans have thrown s**t on the field because they were angry about an umpiring decision. I've seen soccer games with pitch invasions and players being attacked (Birmingham Derby a few months ago), booing just seems so milquetoast in comparison

Oh man the ******* chicken littles in the media making this all about Pendles and the nasty "booing" that is turning our children into terrorists and making the frogs gay.

Even if it was so what? Booing Pendles is pretty harmless

The industry has become so detached from the common fan it’s unreal.

As a mate just said, the entire game is predicated on irrational emotion and love for our football clubs. Of multi-million dollar operations and cashed-up young men who the vast majority will never meet.

Without the masses and the emotion that fuelled the booing, none of this and its associated careers exist - and that includes the moralising blue tick brigade who are stacking on and seemingly keen on us watching footy like the Japanese watch boxing.

Could've been worse, I've seen American sports games where fans have thrown s**t on the field because they were angry about an umpiring decision. I've seen soccer games with pitch invasions and players being attacked (Birmingham Derby a few months ago), booing just seems so milquetoast in comparison
Red Stripe bottles thrown at Steve Waugh in the Caribbean

We need to change the AFLs attitude on umpiring - Fans

Unfortunately Hocking is now embedded in the bloated AFL bureaucracy.

Nobody is suggesting umpiring is easy but a little consistency would be appreciated - eg. centre bounces. Sometimes the ball is called back after an off centre bounce out of the circle but in many similar instances it's not - why?

The focus by the media on how many kids we are playing is a tad over the top I mean 3 draftees & Drew... are the other 18 tweeners?

A referees have been bashed during the week and bombs thrown at their houses in Greece. They've killed a referee in Brazil. Booing is nothing.

By the way the sanfl umpires are worse when and with the afl reserves teams they're cheats.

The umpires need their own union ala the players. As it is they are in an impossible position if they want this career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They already have, we need full time umpires so they can properly study games, all games, their own decisions. We need an AFL and Umpires boss that doesn't ignore the horrific standard of umpiring and stop telling us how good a job they are doing when they aren't. We need umpires to be held accountable for their performances.

Little toss bags like Chamberlain who think its about them and people come to watch the umpires would be helpful as well. No one gives a stuff "razzor ray", shut up and do your job, don't hold the game up to talk down to players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires had long gone off. Was poor, Pendlebury thanked the crowed and the boos picked up.

Essendon fans should get roasted for this.
He ducked, exaggerated the impact and achieved what he wanted........ a free. He cheated and it was instrumental in affecting the result.
No wonder they booed. Bucks was being a dick by slanting it the way he did.

Unfortunately Hocking is now embedded in the bloated AFL bureaucracy.

Nobody is suggesting umpiring is easy but a little consistency would be appreciated - eg. centre bounces. Sometimes the ball is called back after an off centre bounce out of the circle but in many similar instances it's not - why?

These bozos introduce sweeping rule changes every season, sometimes mid-season, and then seem shocked that umpires, coaches, players and fans have literally no idea what everything from a free kick, to a mark, to a fair tackle is.

I kinda thought Pendles thanking the crowd was a little bit of a dig. When they're already booing that hard, you've gotta know that's gonna make them go harder.

If Travis Boak or Robbie Gray got booed while receiving a medal, nobody would’ve batted an eyelid.

How many people would remember that Robbie got booed by Crows fans after the second Showdown last year? F**k all because hardly anyone said s**t about it.

Rocked up to a mates party full of Crows supporters after that game and first thing out of my mouth was 'Your campaigner supporters booed a ******* cancer survivor tonight' and they were all confused and then I hi fived myself and remarked to myself how funny i am because no-one wanted to talk to me.

I thought the Essendon boos duelling with the Collingwood “Collingwood” was a brilliant display of tribalism and the right way to express it. Certainly preferable to people bashing each other.

There was probably bashing each other too lol

If Travis Boak or Robbie Gray got booed while receiving a medal, nobody would’ve batted an eyelid.

How many people would remember that Robbie got booed by Crows fans after the second Showdown last year? F**k all because hardly anyone said s**t about it.

Hmm I can't remember that but didn't we boo at a home showdown loss when Walker was speaking? I can't remember if it was at the umpires or him but who cares.

Hmm I can't remember that but didn't we boo at a home showdown loss when Walker was speaking? I can't remember if it was at the umpires or him but who cares.

Lol yes we did and we got in trouble with Kevin crease and nicky dwyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back