Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rankine thing makes me wonder why players take their first bounce so early on a break, run your full measure or close to it before you take a bounce, he'd have been fine if he did this.
Craig Bradley always took a bounce after 3 steps. Dont know if he thought he could then run 25m before his next one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We any chance of saving Wanganeen-Milera before he get's too Ross Lyon'd.
I mean I don't want him Hinkley'd either, but hopefully that's sorted by the time we can get him

The running too far rule is the worst officiated rule in the game and that's a fiercely competitive category.

Next time you see a short kick that gets paid a mark, consider what would've happened if a player ran that same distance. Theoretically, they should be pinged for running too far as it's the same distance. But they never are unless they run 20 metres minimum.

The kick outs are comical for this. Players regularly run from the edge of the square to half way down the 50 which is theoretically 15 metres. But it's never paid.

It's kind of infuriating to sit there and contrast what gets paid a mark v how far players can run.
Bring back the WAFL 25m arc. Its 16m from the top of the goal square straight up the middle to the arc, so longer if you run out on an angle. It would be comedy central with so many players and umpires getting wrong when a bounce has to occur.

Where does this irrational confidence come from? We are the flakiest team in the AFL. Would have been lucky to win today, let alone deliver a flogging. More likely is that we would have completely folded under the heat.

The Crows are low on talent but their endeavour is unconditional, you can pretty much set your watch to it. They’re far more trustworthy than Port in terms of putting in a performance against a top team.
Yet somehow they cannot make the finals. But at least they are brave.

Buckley being fully committed to saying "Euro-Yroke" is funny because I don't think he's said it correctly yet.

Rebuilt coaches dont last the full rebuild.

Yze has had bad luck with a lot of bloody injuries but there is a bit of the Mark Neelds about his situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back