Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would it work if all clubs were included in the statement of claim?

Do they need to prove all clubs were involved/did nothing about any potential racist acts?

No, it can likely be claimed against just those who on the balance of probabilities didn’t comply with the act.
This then depends on where the court sets that hurdle. It could easily be low enough that all clubs fail.

Obviously the likely outcome is an agreement with the AFL.

Actually it's the anomaly of the SPP era - our run against the Swans starts R1 2017, SCG - his first game, following what is forever burned into my mind as "that John Butcher game", his last, at a wet, windy, depressing SCG in R20 August 2016.

I was at both games and had the privilege of helping pull up the banner at SPP's debut. Apart from that minor contribution I've got nothing to do with the run of success ;)
So Kenny doesn’t even get credit for that….oh well, may as well sack him then 😉

No, it can likely be claimed against just those who on the balance of probabilities didn’t comply with the act.
This then depends on where the court sets that hurdle. It could easily be low enough that all clubs fail.

Obviously the likely outcome is an agreement with the AFL.

I really don’t understand how a historic case can evolve to such a degree.

Does sound like a bit of over reach or a tactic by the lawyers.

Against a Victorian midfield of Bontompelli Petracca Daicos Josh Kelly Oliver Butters Gawn etc we would get belted
I'm sure people said the same when SA midfields consisting of an aging McDermott, McGuinness, Platten & Naley caused upsets on fabled Vic midfields of the past. JHF, Rozee & Rankine could open anyone up on their day.

I'm sure people said the same when SA midfields consisting of an aging McDermott, McGuinness, Platten & Naley caused upsets on fabled Vic midfields of the past. JHF, Rozee & Rankine could open anyone up on their day.
Yeah mids arent the issue. KPFs are the big issue and to a lesser extent KPDs.

Yeah mids arent the issue. KPFs are the big issue and to a lesser extent KPDs.
People forget the defenders we had in the hay days of origin.
I was at footy park the night Peter Motley absolutely destroyed Garry Ablett Sr and was best on ground.
Also the night Martin Leslie threw Dermott Brereton around like a rag doll.
I remember Sticks Kernahan kicking 10 against the Vic’s in a losing side.
In those days it wasn’t all about midfielders.

No they didn’t, that was a golden era for SA talent.

Dockers are chasing their largest non Eagles crowd tonight.Just over 51,500 vs Western Bulldogs Elimination final 2022.
These moments historically are disasters for Freo.Normally go missing in these big games.We will see how they go tonight.Never have a bigger chance to knock off Collingwood.

No they didn’t, that was a golden era for SA talent.
You mean the days where Nick Daffy, Mathew Robran & David Hynes were making SA state sides? sure they were strong elsewhere however the notion that they were ever better on paper than Victoria is rose coloured glasses horseshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing about state of origin there might be more Port and crows players playing for Victoria than SA. Both team lists, have only about 35% of players from SA.

You mean the days where Nick Daffy, Mathew Robran & David Hynes were making SA state sides? sure they were strong elsewhere however the notion that they were ever better on paper than Victoria is rose coloured glasses horseshit.
Hynes was more 90’s, he won 3 premierships with Port before going West and and playing in the Coasters 94 flag team.
I was at that GF he looked so massive, nothing like his SANFL days.
Must have been the Perth water.

this has to be Fyfe's last season
I dont know about that. The next win they had in Perth after Gather Round, think it was Rd 6, he had 35 or 37 disposals.

Edit it was Rd 8 and 37.

Another thing about state of origin there might be more Port and crows players playing for Victoria than SA. Both team lists, have only about 35% of players from SA.

Would it be Vic, SA, WA, and (Rest of) Australia; or would Vic be split into Metro and Country like in youth football?

P.S.: If Vic is split, there could even be 6 teams: Northeast (NSW/Qld); and TTT (Tas-Territories – Tas/NT/ACT).

For instance, a 6-team knockout tournament can be like this:

R1 - 2 games
QF: 4 teams
R2 - 3 games
5F: 2 QF losers
SF: 2 + 2 QF winners
R3 - 2 games
3F: 2 SF losers
GF: 2 SF winners

GF teams enter in SF next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.