Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could do what they do in the NHL if the idiots at AFL House change things, and the OT loser gets a point.

But in NHL its 2 points for an overtime win and 1 for an overtime loss.

Maybe 3 points for an overtime win and 1 for an overime loss. But Im happy for no change.
I'd award no points for a draw it could make the ladder more interesting.

Dont think you should play extra time .Including the Grand Final,like 1977 + 2010.The result is final like a dead heat in racing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time a team had 2 draws in one season?
Not that long ago Hawks in 2021

I knew they had 2 draws not that long ago but thought it was pre covid before I checked.

When was the last time a team had 2 draws in one season?
I was at our draw at the Gabba in round 20 1997. My younger brother came up for the round 12 game in 1998 and when it got close in the last quarter he said to me "at least it's not likely to be a draw". Consecutive games against Brisbane drawn, but over two seasons.

I was at our draw at the Gabba in round 20 1997. My younger brother came up for the round 12 game in 1998 and when it got close in the last quarter he said to me "at least it's not likely to be a draw". Consecutive games against Brisbane drawn, but over two seasons.
We kicked 10 goals in the 1st qrt up there once?
And sill lost 😂

That free kick to Freo in front of goal was rubbish, fair enough if the Collingwood player boots it away or something, but that was not time wasting.
Time wasting is a scourge. Should be no leniency at all.

I also hate when a player gets done holding the ball, they have possession of the ball and then leave it on the ground.

I was there for both of them......wasn't frustrating at all.....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back to State of Origin talk.

If it was a carnival and teams picked an initial squad of 35 to play 3 games in 8 days, and it was 6 teams - Vic, SA, WA + NSW/ACT, Tassie and Qld/NT given GC has the Darwin zone, then the 2 SA teams would probably supply the following players to a 35 man squad of different states.

Port
SA.......... Rozee, JHF, BZT, maybe Burton
Vic.......... Butters, Wines, Houston, maybe Drew if they want a defensive mid, he's had a great season
WA......... Georgiades, maybe SPP if he didn't do his knee
NSW/ACT Finlayson, Marshall
Qld/NT.... Dixon, Aliir, Rioli
Tas......... N/A McCallum qualifies but doubt he would even be considered

Crows
SA.......... Dawson, Laird, Rankine, Michalanney, Fogarty maybe Thilthorpe if he wasn't injured
Vic.......... Soligo, maybe Rachele
WA......... N/A Curtin qualifies but he wouldn't even be considered
NSW/ACT Walker, Murray if he wasn't injured
Qld/NT.... Himmelberg, Keays
Tas......... Jones

The cupboard is bare. There would be 20-25 SA players among the other 16 clubs but the SA clubs are no longer stacked with great local talent like between 1991 and 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back