Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You beauty. The lunatics will come out again.
Cue the extra time banter…
Lol another draw

Some people hate it for some reason, but I don’t mind draws at all.

In footy, then, it’s so uncommon that really doesn’t matter. Just leave it as it is.

Could do what they do in the NHL if the idiots at AFL House change things, and the OT loser gets a point.

But in NHL its 2 points for an overtime win and 1 for an overtime loss.

Maybe 3 points for an overtime win and 1 for an overime loss. But Im happy for no change.

There was ONE season that Brazil adopted an interesting concept.

With wins getting 3 points, there’s one point that vanishes with a draw. After all, both teams get 1 point each.

In the first year that we adopted the 3-point win, CBF decided then that it would award the extra point after a shootout. Hence, if a game ended in a draw, teams would kick penalties. The winner would get 2 points; the loser, 1.

I liked it. It was a shame it was discontinued.

I think in NHL, it’s 2 points for any win; 0 point for a regular time or OT loss; and 1 point for a shootout loss.

I’m not sure what the rule is, but I have always thought it strange that you had to return the ball directly to the opposition but not to the umpire.

If they want to speed up the game, make the players give the ball back directly and then throw it. If more than 1 player from the team contests it, give the free.

Nicholls is just a head of time or is a fanboy.

Last edited:
Can you explain this?
I think you joined here in 2017.

In December 2016 the AFL banned 3rd man up in a stoppage, either ball up or boundary throw in, and players had to nominate who was going up for ruck. The AFL said it was to protect ruckmen after Bulldogs successfully used it in 2016, Bontempelli in particular was good at it, jumping into the oppo ruckmen or his own ruckman and punching the ball into space or a nice tap to a teammate. It had been a tactic for 40 or 50 years.

Collingwood have worked out how to protect a lead with 2 or 3 minutes to go in a game. Get the ruckman to hit the ball down to his feet or just block the oppo ruckman's tap so in goes near their feet and collingwood wise heads, especially Pendlebury and Sidebottom just fall onto the ball and waste time, dont let the ball out and cause repeated stoppages., ie go real slow. Collingwood do the oppiosite tactics when they are behind the last 1 to 3 minutes of a game.

So my comment when Freo were behind with 2 minutes or so to go and their ruck Darcy couldnt get a clean tap to advantage or into space, it stood out that the best way to have changed the game was if say Fyfe could be 3rd man up in the ball up and jump onto his teammate Darcy's back and belt the ball 10 or 15m into space and hope his teammates run onto the ball first and drive the ball forward quickly which is the opposite to what collingwood wanted to do.

Why would you say that?

Now every time he or any of his team mate appeal it won’t be take seriously.
Because he has shit for brains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to look Ronke up.

At Carlton reserves. The knock is lack of defensive pressure.

I remember when he burst onto the scene. He looked like a more explosive Luke Breust.

Am I alone in thinking that the Suns are a chance this afternoon?
It will be a good game. Carlton still have a few outs and looked horrible last week. GC really have nothing to loose.

I also think GWS and West Coast are a chance. Although, WC in Adelaide is definitely more optimistic.

Could be a week for upsets.

Plus a premiership.
In 2 years of senior coaching.
9 years less senior coaching than Hinkley.
Big Bad Billy Frampton played 4 years under Hinkley and got delisted without even a grand final appearance.
Big Bad Billy Frampton Premiership player in 1 year under McRae.
Robbie Gray zero........

Yeah, I’m staggered at this. If you gave Ken Hinkley Collingwood’s lineup they’d be in the bottom 4-6.

There hasn’t been this many underwhelming individual players with premiership medallions around their necks since the Sydney-West Coast era of 05/06.

That free kick lol

"It's the letter of the law but..."

If it's a free it's a free. Ralph comparing it to the Rankine "travel" like some atrocity has been committed

That free kick to Freo in front of goal was rubbish, fair enough if the Collingwood player boots it away or something, but that was not time wasting.

I’m not sure what the rule is, but I have always thought it strange that you had to return the ball directly to the opposition but not to the umpire.

If they want to speed up the game, make the players give the ball back directly and then throw it. If more than 1 player from the team contests it, give the free.

Nicholls is just a head of time or is a fanboy.
Every Collingwood player knows that, when you have the ball in a stoppage, you give it to Nick Daicos. It's the coaches' fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back