Opinion Port's ruck strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re the one who keeps making this claim that port shopped him around and no one wanted him.

I’ve asked you to provide a credible source, you’ve ignored that request and keep stating it as fact.

Also, why would a club go after and seek a trade for a contracted ruck with 1 year on his contract? Especially one they can almost certainly pounce on for nothing in a years time?
What’s the point? I didn’t realize ya the credible source police

Ya not gunna believe, pointless.we will just go round in circles

I’m happy with what I’ve been told is fact.

He had the chance to leave last year.. but had no takers.

At best at the end of his contract he will be rookie listed.

You’re the one who keeps making this claim that port shopped him around and no one wanted him.

I’ve asked you to provide a credible source, you’ve ignored that request and keep stating it as fact.

Also, why would a club go after and seek a trade for a contracted ruck with 1 year on his contract? Especially one they can almost certainly pounce on for nothing in a years time?
Because he was shopped around and would have been traded for zip and they get the ruckman they wanted this year.. it’s a win now business..

No-one was interested in him for free.

What’s the point? I didn’t realize ya the credible source police

Ya not gunna believe, pointless.we will just go round in circles

I’m happy with what I’ve been told is fact.

He had the chance to leave last year.. but had no takers.

At best at the end of his contract he will be rookie listed.

Because he was shopped around and would have been traded for zip and they get the ruckman they wanted this year.. it’s a win now business..

No-one was interested in him for free.

cool

Anyway.. let’s move on

Whatever we do let’s for god sake not play lycett as number one.

We can’t beat Brisbane if he’s number 1, their midfield will smash us if they get first look.

Lycett is very clearly a bottom 1 or 2 ruck in the AFL

That is literally the bar.

Play Hayes. Play Dixon. Play Teake. Play Finlaysonn

Just don't go with what we know is already a fail. Like literally just try to do something different.
The problem is, this perfect storm of all of Hinkley's faults.
1. Picking players in the 'in group' who've failed over and over.
2. Not accepting young talls need to be played, even if their output isn't great (and Hayes hitouts are). It took 10 years to get over this with young KPF's. We're still stuck with for Hayes and Pasini (should have gotten games pre-injury last year over Jonas and co.)
3. Free agents are the part of the list the coach has biggest input into getting. Admitting Lycett isn't cutting it, Hinkley takes as an admission his ability to judge players good for Port is flawed. It obviously is, but we long since know by now, Hinkley looking good takes precedence over everything whilst he's still here.

tl;dr - Sack Hinkley

Port is obsessed with athletic rucks. You look at someone like Freo's Darcy, he's built like a rugby front rower (is that the right comparison chiwigi ?) but he gets up and down the ground alright and when he plants himself in a pack he's near impossible to get over. We would never draft a junior ruck like him.

In our ideal world Avatars will become a reality and we will have an 8 foot tall blue ruckman with a tail.
There's your front rower:
1678170094852.png

Here is your 2m tall second rower:
england-rugby-union-player-courtney-lawes-who-plays-on-the-second-G7MJ13.jpg

Whatever happens I can see Dixon having to do a lot of ruck work this season. Sad thing is we finally have a couple of gun outside mids but no one to tap it to them.
Imagine how good wines, jhf & rozzee would be with a decent tap ruckman. We might get a few of those fast clearances to an open forward line that we are always valiantly defending against.
I still reckon Hayes will get around 10 games this season & is likely to outlast Hinkley.
In fact I can see a few senior players going down with Hinkley eg Jonas, Lycett, Dixon even Boak. A new coach might just blackball the old crew

I have so much fatigue with this club atm (on the eve of the season) that I couldn't be bothered to argue with numpties about Hayes like Philthy does. But anyone that doesn't rate Hayes either has a short memory or I honestly don't know what they watch at the footy. The sublime tapwork to mids on the move was so refreshing and it definitely made our mids dangerous. The knock on his fitness is bullshit. He just has no confidence around the ground and that's squarely on the coaches that won't play him.
Yeah the highlights for Hayes were great... but the game is more than just the highlights.

It was very all or nothing when Hayes was rucking, we either had those brilliant taps to advantage... or the opposition waltzed the ball away from stoppages. And the latter occured for often than the former.

I still reckon Hayes will get around 10 games this season & is likely to outlast Hinkley.
In fact I can see a few senior players going down with Hinkley eg Jonas, Lycett, Dixon even Boak. A new coach might just blackball the old crew

that seems like wishful thinking

Hinkley has made it clear this preseason that it’s

Lycett - teakle - Hayes

What would it take for Hinkley to drop lycett? Probably hell to freeze over. More likely lycett gets injured.

Then there’s finlayson, if he comes back at some point we know Hinkley favours him.

Hayes is so deep in hinkleys chart of rucks that it will take a long time before he makes his way to the front. Then knowing ken he will shuffle him straight out the side as a scapegoat first less we have.

My prediction, Hayes only gets a Hail Mary selection once our season is in the dirt and Hinkley is desperate.

I’ll be shocked if Hayes gets more than 3 + games.

Yeah the highlights for Hayes were great... but the game is more than just the highlights.

It was very all or nothing when Hayes was rucking, we either had those brilliant taps to advantage... or the opposition waltzed the ball away from stoppages. And the latter occured for often than the former.
I’m not sure where you get the idea they waltzed the ball out so much easier when Hayes was rucking.

Sure, lycett no doubt forces more repeat stoppages and more congestion, but we’ve had years of watching opponents waltz it out the middle. Lycett has gotten us nowhere and failed us repeatedly.

It’s utter utter madness to bother sinking another 50 games into him.

Why?

Why do you keep making stuff up? This never happened.

that seems like wishful thinking

Hinkley has made it clear this preseason that it’s

Lycett - teakle - Hayes

What would it take for Hinkley to drop lycett? Probably hell to freeze over. More likely lycett gets injured.

Then there’s finlayson, if he comes back at some point we know Hinkley favours him.

Hayes is so deep in hinkleys chart of rucks that it will take a long time before he makes his way to the front. Then knowing ken he will shuffle him straight out the side as a scapegoat first less we have.

My prediction, Hayes only gets a Hail Mary selection once our season is in the dirt and Hinkley is desperate.

I’ll be shocked if Hayes gets more than 3 + games.
Based on the idea that Hinkley won’t make it past mid season. If Lycett is cooked & teakle his plan b then Hinkley is cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back