Roast Was the Positive only Thread but now it’s We Suck Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he could end up playing all year in his first season … long way to go of course

The long term is the main thing and we’ve found one
Yep, happy to admit when I'm wrong. And I was wrong with Max.

Thought he'd be a total liability due to his lack of muscle mass.

But he plays around it easily. And TBH plays stronger and faster then most of the reports I read.

But he plays around it easily. And TBH plays stronger and faster then most of the reports I read.
As long as Nicks doesn't make him stand Hawkins or Dixon like Cornes made a 17 year old Ben Hart stand Plugger he will be great!

I like Sholl, as long as he isn't put into a physical contest with an opponent.

Max will be a star.

Pedlar has a crack, even with a couple of stuff ups late in the Richmond game he was an overall positive. Just needs to get more ball/be given more midfield minutes.

Rachelle is fantastic.

A lot of these younger players are good. If we can manage to get a an elite big bodied midfielder into the side at every centre bounce, these young blokes would look even better.

I reckon he could end up playing all year in his first season … long way to go of course

The long term is the main thing and we’ve found one
I said at the time he came in for an injured Worrell, that it won't be Max who will make way when Worrell returns to the team.

As long as Nicks doesn't make him stand Hawkins or Dixon like Cornes made a 17 year old Ben Hart stand Plugger he will be great!
Didn’t hurt Ben Hart‘s career long term though…

although… I do know for a fact Ben Hart‘s whole chest, side and back was purple, blue and black from Plugga punching him whenever the umpires weren't looking..

I know lads that went to school with Ben.. he showed them all his ”war wounds” from plugga’s endless punches in the few days following the game..

I said at the time he came in for an injured Worrell, that it won't be Max who will make way when Worrell returns to the team.

Agreed, Max stays on his form so far. On the form of last season / preseason, Worrell should be in for Smith. This comment fits in the positive thread - some of our youngsters are putting serious pressure on stalwarts now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Certainly is quicker than I thought. A couple of close downs he has done so far showed really nice turn of foot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Sholl, as long as he isn't put into a physical contest with an opponent.

Max will be a star.

Pedlar has a crack, even with a couple of stuff ups late in the Richmond game he was an overall positive. Just needs to get more ball/be given more midfield minutes.

Rachelle is fantastic.

A lot of these younger players are good. If we can manage to get a an elite big bodied midfielder into the side at every centre bounce, these young blokes would look even better.
Sholl seems to have worked a lot on his weakness over the preseason, those who watched his preseason game against the Eagle mentioned he is playing with more physicality and probably why he got a recall. He has never had 4 tackles in his entire career and even got a HTB decision (never seen that to his game before), he had a couple of 3 tackles games in 2021 when he played 19 games.

1679923209664.png

I like that people are coming back around on Sholl again. Felt like he copped a bit of a rough trot by the fanbase.

Has a lot of high end AFL level tools, like A LOT!

I can forgive a skinny outside player for not instinctively playing like Patrick Dangerfield. But also am happy he's seemingly taking steps towards that in his own development!

I like that people are coming back around on Sholl again. Felt like he copped a bit of a rough trot by the fanbase.

I can forgive a skinny outside player for not instinctively playing like Patrick Dangerfield. But also am happy he's seemingly taking steps towards that in his own development!
Wasn’t just some fans though, it was Nicks

Put on a fair bit of weight in the off-season. I recall him being listed at about 82kg last year but he’s now 87kg. Hopefully thats given him the extra strength and confidence to lift the contested and defensive side of his game

I know this is a negative but why do you lot always leave it up to me to be positive? Anyway now both the men’s seasons are over, what’s the positives? I’ll start:

Tex
Rankine
Dawson in the middle, great captains move
Entertaining attacking game plan, big improvement on previous year
Murray before injury
Hinge down back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back