He played a good strategic game. Was tagged so dragged his opponent away from the ruck contest which opened up space for Kelly, Sheed and Yeo to run into and puck up clearances. Very unselfish game. Unfortunately when he did get the pill his skills and decision making let him down IMO, had several turn overs.I didn't get to watch the game but what happened to Andrew Gaff today?
Reckon that is really tough on both JK and JD. JK should have had 4 goals on one of the best lock down defenders in the comp. Competed really well and was absolutely mauled a number of times with no free kick. I would take that game from him against the No 1 defender each and every week as would most teams.Positive
+ Tim Kelly finding some form and connection with the midfield group
+ Best game from McGovern this year
+ Barrass strong
+ Cameron back in the fold - even if he didn't have a lot of impact
+ NicNat giving silver service. Big impact in the middle.
+ Oscar continuing to impress
- Kennedy clogging up a list spot. Constantly being worked over in the contest and poor kicking for goal
- Darling way down on effort and didn't compete hard enough
- Ryan seems to be competing in the air a lot less than last year
- We missed a big opportunity to get a percentage sugar hit
The problem was the HTB without prior only went one way and only by Elainie. She had a shocker.+ Darling, Cripps, TK all looking like they're gaining confidence and finding some form
+ Nelson & Cole have settled into the side. Best 22 players atm
+ Duggan looks a beauty. If he gets a haircut, could be our next captain.
+ Despite our atrocious form, we leave the hub with a respectable 3-3 record.
- Ainsworth, much as I want to see him succeed, looks out of his depth.
- Ryan has gone missing last few games
- The HTB interpretation is rubbish. As bad as that female ump was, it's the dumb new interpretation that is causing these dumb decisions.
Im glad we’ve had quite a few results go our way that has clogged up the ladder. If you’re 15th at the end of round 5 you’re usually cooked because the gap is 3 or so games.. even moreso in a 17 round season. Freos win today was another one. Just keeping it wide open and keeping everyone 1 game away from each other. Absolutely ideal going into a 5-7 game home run.TK a big plus.
Ultimately we leave Queensland a win away from top four, with an eight week home stand (or so) on the way.
I can live with that.