Preview Practice Match v Collingwood Friday 24th Feb 11.00am @ Princes Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking of the GC game last year: Carlton 19 hitouts vs. GC 52 (Witts 42) and consequently lost clearances badly 43 to 27. Which is essentially taking away our 1-wood.

We were comprehensively beaten by a team that was nowhere near our level off the back of those clearances. Mirkov - whilst not as good a footballer as Pitto or TDK - could have made a bigger difference in that game than either of them. He only has to halve the hitouts and it would go a long way to us winning the game.

Love TDK and Pitto but against Witts they can become a spectator. The hitouts cost us quite a few wins last year. The StK loss was another.

With the midfield we've got a dominant tap ruckman is the last piece of the puzzle. 210cm rucks who can jump don't come along too often.

Pitto didn’t play against Gold Coast in that game which is probably why we lost the hit outs and clearances so badly as we had TDK and SOS up against Witts and TDk played like garbage that day - I’m pretty sure he was dropped for the next game.

If both Pitto and Tdk played in tandem against Witts I’d imagine it would have been a far more even battle but either way if we are going to play 2 ruckmen this year to combat good ruckmen I’d much rather it be Pitto and TDK than any combination that involves Mirkov.

Pitto didn’t play against Gold Coast in that game which is probably why we lost the hit outs and clearances so badly as we had TDK and SOS up against Witts and TDk played like garbage that day - I’m pretty sure he was dropped for the next game.

If both Pitto and Tdk played in tandem against Witts I’d imagine it would have been a far more even battle but either way if we are going to play 2 ruckmen this year to combat good ruckmen I’d much rather it be Pitto and TDK than any combination that involves Mirkov.
Gold Coast is normally a pretty rough place for talls to excel. If it's not raining, it's humid and slippery af.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back