Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen Dunks play against other dogs players yet.
But seen enough of him at VFL and TAC Level for him to have a huge impact this season.
I reckon he's the younger version of Stevens
His last season was seriously interrupted so didn't stand out stats wise at any level like he did as a bottom ager, must've seen something though. I think he will be a bit more polished inside than Koby but both will really toughen up our inside brigade.

Approximately the build Murph had when he came to the club.

He's a twig, but strangely, not out of place

215652_b186098e95c0c1701760e91b61b40949.jpg

Love the determination in this kid's face. Just know when he pulls on the jumper he's going to give 110%.
View attachment 216374
They try and tackle Stringer, but Stringer's just like 'NOPE'
View attachment 216371
Agreed re: Dunkley. What about the definition in his arms as well. That's a kid that has been preparing to an elite standard for some time. When a kid looks like that before his first preseason is even complete, you know he's got some serious determination.

The coach has had a proper haircut by the looks of it. Should we be concerned?

Don't worry it's probably only for summer, it will grow back so he can move his hair to the side in time for post game interviews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving very well. Wore a pink vest all day and had his shoulder strapped. Very involved and looked good. Personal feel is that he is still a long way from coming out of his shell confidence wise though.
Which players weren't part of the main training group?

Who was looking the best of the ruckman? Who do you think is likely to start round one in that department?

Who was looking the best of the ruckman? Who do you think is likely to start round one in that department?

Campbell looked The best to me as he marks the ball as well as competing in the ruck. Ruff was good when allowed to leap at the ball. Minno was Minno and Goats moves very well but didn't really catch my eye.

Campbell looks very fit.

Campbell looked The best to me as he marks the ball as well as competing in the ruck. Ruff was good when allowed to leap at the ball. Minno was Minno and Goats moves very well but didn't really catch my eye.

Campbell looks very fit.
Apparently first time Campbell had a full pre-season without any injuries

At the end it was Roughhead, Bont, Dunkley, Wally and Dahl doing ball up training with King and Corey. I wonder if Rough and a combination of these 4 will make up our centre line-up NAB 1?

Honey definitely trained, did not see Redpath, Morris, Moyda, Williams. I think Picken was out there.

Both Collins and Boyd looked fine. Stringer looked a bit over it by the end looks like he just wants to play legit now, enjoy enough of this training BS.

Bont was blowing pretty hard after some group running, not a surprise but his fitness may not be quite there yet.

All in all a pretty tame session, was definitely a bit damp but skills looked pretty good.

Decent turnout from the Ballarat folk. Club officials were patrolling the grounds giving out free passes to round 1. (My household are all members so if anybody here is keen on 4 tics to round 1 against Freo let me know)

At the end it was Roughhead, Bont, Dunkley, Wally and Dahl doing ball up training with King and Corey. I wonder if Rough and a combination of these 4 will make up our centre line-up NAB 1?

Honey definitely trained, did not see Redpath, Morris, Moyda, Williams. I think Picken was out there.

Both Collins and Boyd looked fine. Stringer looked a bit over it by the end looks like he just wants to play legit now, enjoy enough of this training BS.

Bont was blowing pretty hard after some group running, not a surprise but his fitness may not be quite there yet.

All in all a pretty tame session, was definitely a bit damp but skills looked pretty good.

Decent turnout from the Ballarat folk. Club officials were patrolling the grounds giving out free passes to round 1. (My household are all members so if anybody here is keen on 4 tics to round 1 against Freo let me know)
I'd be keen as for those tickets!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back