Predict the bottom four at the end of 2018

Which teams will be in the bottom four at the end of 2018?

• Adelaide

Votes: 14 1.6%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 531 60.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 603 68.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 144 16.4%
  • Essendon

Votes: 26 3.0%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 208 23.7%
  • Geelong

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 698 79.4%
  • GWS

Votes: 9 1.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 98 11.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 702 79.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 16 1.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 105 11.9%
  • Sydney

Votes: 13 1.5%
  • West Coast

Votes: 110 12.5%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 61 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I went with

Brisbane
North
Carlton
Gold Coast

North the glaring error, good to see them surprise and be in finals contention. Got the bottom two teams right, just the order was wrong.

I think the amount of people here that picked Norf just shows the football intelligence of the average BigFooty member. Not as high as we'd like.
For what it’s worth I voted for them in the poll but didn’t think they’d finish last. I only picked them as 4th from bottom.

For what it’s worth I voted for them in the poll but didn’t think they’d finish last. I only picked them as 4th from bottom.

I hate the whole "you got a prediction wrong = no footy intelligence!" schtick anyway.

As if any of the North fans here gloating have never got a season prediction wrong. God knows I didn't have WC top 4!

From round 12 of 2016 to round 23 2017 (1.5 seasons) we went 8 wins 26 losses, percentage of 86%. Not great. Don't blame anyone for thinking that trend may continue.

Overall leading up to round 1 over the past 1.5 seasons we had won more games than only Brisbane and Carlton. Even Gold Coast managed 9 wins in that time.

I had us pegged a little bit higher because thought we would play a smart style of play that would allow us to grind out wins v other bottom teams, but there was not a whole lot pointing outside bottom 4 so I reckon a 13th-14th placed prediction was very reasonable.

Yeah I stayed quiet because you don't end up bottom four with experience in the right areas as North have.

Tarrant
Thompson
Goldstein, Cunnington
Waite
Brown

That's up there with some of the best spines in the comp.
Perhaps spines are underrated a bit. The other team many predicted lower in WC has a pretty decent spine as well while their midfield is probably not overly rated. Similar to North.

Did 110 votes fro west coast last come from one person

Geez he must be thick .....can someone tell Robert walls to stop posting please

Hawks a certainty for bottom 4 - they are gone. "Fastest rebuild in history" = arrogance
Hope you've enjoyed 2018 so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went

Freo
Brisbane
GC
Carlton

3/4 aint bad but could end up as 2/4 - Didn't think Saints or Dogs would go backwards so much.
We wont finish bottom 4. If it werent for our lengthy injury list we'd most likely be battling for a spot in the 8. Just adding Liberatore, Redpath and Easton Wood all season would have been very handy.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the Saints, they lost a lot of class and experience with their retirements at the end of this year and are relying on the draft to make good on their losses. McCartin doesn't look the goods yet to step into Riewoldt's shoes, their midfield lacks polish and their game plan is one dimensional, if the opposition can counter their pace effectively they've nothing to fall back on.
good call

Some posters were way off with Pies Hawks and Eagles lol.

Was staggering the logic applied to WC by posters and the so called experts at large. We finished top 8 and because we lost Mitchell and Petrie who only played 1 season and a Priddis who was cooked in his final year anyway, with our superstar spine, we were going to tumble down the ladder?

The simple mindedness of that logic baffles me.

St Kilda, North Melbourne, Carlton are locks. Gold Coast most likely the other team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
North the real suprise packet.

St Kilda and Carlton were alwats locks for the bottom 4. Gold Coast no suprise there either

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am really happy for you that have the oldest list in football and are not within a bulls roar of the big time. And you are happy about it!!

Kudos. That kind of positive thinking can change the world. ***

*** Not really.

BTW. Your experienced players are utter s**t.

Lolololol

Why would I? Because of a childish insult?

I've explained my reasons and given my opinion. Which is quite mainstream. A very widely held view that Hawthorn is in deep structural trouble.

You want to write essays about how everything is fine and dandy coz we iz Hawforn so there, you go right ahead.

But it is you, not I, who is swimming against the tide.

Cool story genius.

Back