Predicted number 1 pick reportedly tells West Coast he doesn't want to play for them

Should the #1 pick be required to move interstate if the bottom team isn't from his home state?

• Yes

Votes: 226 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 13.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if you rumours of AFL house giving nth so many free pics was that they wanted them passed to WC in a trade so nth could get a marquee player.
Can't wait for the day the heads at the AFL go overboard re pissing a staff member off and an insiders tell all gets spilt.

Last edited:
If he lives up to the hype, even if he does leave, the return they'll get for him will be huge. For Judd, they got pick 3, 20 and Kennedy. North got pick 2 and 3 and a future first round for JHF after a year! Absolute no brainer to keep pick 1 and draft him.
North got pick 3 for JHF. They got 2 and pick 20ish for pick 1.

They made great use of pick 3 though. Wardlaw looks an absolute gun (if he can stay healthy)

WC will want more than that.

Yeah but north still did pretty well from JHF leaving. I think pick 3 and a future first?

Especially given they'd been telling the world how bad a bloke he was etc..

If it was 3 and a f1 (pick 20ish) for JHF then pick 2 was traded directly for pick 1.

That is clearly ludicrous. It was 2 and 20 for 1 and 3 for jhf.

Run that by me again
North melbourne paid pick 1 and JHF and got pick 2, pick 3 and the future first of Port that ended up around pick 20.

If you want to separate it out, pick 1 is always worth at least pick 2 and 20, meaning pick 3 is all that is left to pay for JHF.

It looks good in hindsight because wardlaw looks good, but WC will be hoping for more than pick 3 for Reid if that is how it goes in a few years.

I hope that makes sense.

North melbourne paid pick 1 and JHF and got pick 2, pick 3 and the future first of Port that ended up around pick 20.

If you want to separate it out, pick 1 is always worth at least pick 2 and 20, meaning pick 3 is all that is left to pay for JHF.

It looks good in hindsight because wardlaw looks good, but WC will be hoping for more than pick 3 for Reid if that is how it goes in a few years.

I hope that makes sense.
Yep make sense but pick 3 not a bad return for a bloke north told us was unprofessional, unfit and a terrible team mate.

Yep make sense but pick 3 not a bad return for a bloke north told us was unprofessional, unfit and a terrible team mate.
Agreed, but I was thinking about it in terms of the hypothetical of Reid demanding out. WC would want a lot more.

Certainly not your mob.

If you look at off field and on field then the Eagles probably number 1

Certainly a long way ahead of North which was Harley's alternative.

Lack of success in the 90s hurts Hawks. North had that, but none in the 2000s. West Coast had both.

Hawthorn still had a flag in the 90s. You have to go back to the 50s to find a completed decade they didnt win a flag. It isn't really fair to compare hawthorn to other clubs.
Forgot about 91

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tend to agree with this and I reckon that's exactly what the Eagles thought too.

Who care about "flight risk".

If he's any good they will get a heap back (like North did with JHF) and if he's totally rubbish then who cares anyway.

I dont see a downside for the Eagles in drafting him.
Either he's good and stays
Good and leaves and they get a lot back anyway

If he's totally rubbish then they've wasted a 1st round pick and no one will want him

Reid might be the first player to move to Melbourne to escape the attention
Dude will literally make 7 figures this year from sponsorships is the word around Perth. He has replaced NicNat for the Audi deal for example which is 6 figures

Alot of concern about his family ties but with the money he makes off field he can simply pay for them to never work another day in their lives

Money being thrown at the guy is simply next level and he has been here 2 weeks. Id be surprised if he isnt highest paid athlete in the AFL by seasons end. Only thing stopping it would be Eagles or AFL

If it’s like judd, he’ll help them to a premiership before being traded to Victoria for a premiership standard full forward.

If that’s ‘worst case’ I reckon they’d be happy

Back