Predicted number 1 pick reportedly tells West Coast he doesn't want to play for them

Should the #1 pick be required to move interstate if the bottom team isn't from his home state?

• Yes

Votes: 226 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 13.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We take him at pick 40 in the National Draft then.

You don't get to choose which draft he goes in, Harley and Geelong would make those decisions.

And even if he was in the Pre-season draft, your bloody mindedness in not trading would have Geelong and Harley making it crystal clear he ain't playing for anyone but the hoops. We would simply get him anyway you cut it.

You would be massive losers anyway it went down. We would be winners

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF
Hot Shots Idiot GIF
stupid youtube GIF

I am very much looking forward to Reid setting sail for Geelong when his 3 years at WCE are up.

Back to the country life, close to his boyhood idol - GAJ - and playing for the team he grew up supporting.

I am told he loves the idea of being a $1 publican. :)

Well I've been told Harley's dad is a whiz at lawns and turf maintenance (or soon will be).;)

Eagles currently looking for a couple of those. So we could have two Reid's on the payroll.

Great his mum would love to move to Perth
and dad's keen as well from sounds of it.

A lot of money in turf maintenance in WA.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he puts in a trade request, I'm confident we'll maximise the value out of him.

A high draft pick who hits the ground running hits his max trade value around the age 21-24 whilst they are still young but now also have proven they can play at the top level and are not just "a kid with potential".

There is every reason to expect Harley will be playing at a high level from very early on his career.

That being said our retention rate on interstate players is very high. We lost Judd but got a gun in return. Braun, Wirra, Gaff, Shuey, Hurn and many others all stuck around. We'll worry about crossing the trade bridge if it ever comes - until then, let's just enjoy the show.

Welcome to the club youngster. What a gun he looks like.

Well I've been told Harley's dad is a whiz at lawns and turf maintenance (or soon will be).;)

Eagles currently looking for a couple of those. So we could have two Reid's on the payroll.

A Jim's Mowing franchise?

I'm sure this post was written in jest but if it ends up being true, would the AFL force West Coast to include the old man's pay in their salary cap like they did with Tom Scully at GWS when they put his father on the payroll?

Back