Prediction: Are the crows and Richmond a flash in the pan like bulldogs...

Flash in the pan or dynasty in the making

• Crows are a Flash in the pan

• Crows are a Dynasty in the making

• Richmond are a dynasty in the making

• Richmond are a flash in the pan

• Both teams are a flash in the pan

• Both teams are dynasty's in the making

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Or change of dynasty like hawks geelong?

Discuss.

Flawed question ... you assume the Dogs are a flash in the pan then use Hawthorn as an example of a dynasty. Hawthorn, just like the Dogs followed up their first flag of the era with missing the 8.

I think Adelaide have built a strong base, and I would like to think we will be very competitive next year no matter what happens on Saturday. Our bottom 6 players like Mackay, Knight, Seedsman are very handy and leaders like Tex, Jacobs and Talia have at least a couple of good seasons left in them. Jury's still out on kids like Milera, Doedee and Gallucci though.

Our game plan of direct, quick ball movement, pressure and complex running patterns will get worked out and negated, and so will Richmond's famous forward pressure. I leave that to Pyke and Hardwick.

Who knows? Adelaide and Richmond might both have crap seasons next year.

Crows have been building this for some time, almost since 2011 you could argue, they are well coached, and have a talented, hardworking list that has been together for some time and still will be for a few years now, so I think and am hopeful they'll be around for a while.

Richmond are much more comparable to the Bulldogs, they've sort of exploded to the top quickly, and there game is built almost entirely around fanatical pressure and relied on a smallish forward line and a dominant mid (The Bont/Dusty). The Bulldogs were not able to maintain that this year, so the challenge is if the Tigers can.

The Competition is finally so even and evolves at such a rapid rate that i can not see any team winning more than 2 in the next 10 year period . Of course this can be proved wrong but seriously who would have chosen Adelaide vs Richmond for this years GF ??

Hard to say but with due respect I think Adelaide look the more likely on paper for sustained success.

The tigers have proven not only this year but for the past few that when their stars are firing they are a first class footy side. But I think they have less margin for error than the Crows. If Sloane or someone is off you now that the slack will be picked up. Probably hard to say the same about Richmond with Martin (though it’s not a problem they have to worry about too frequently)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no middle ground? It's either a flash in the pan or a dynasty?

The Competition is finally so even and evolves at such a rapid rate that i can not see any team winning more than 2 in the next 10 year period . Of course this can be proved wrong but seriously who would have chosen Adelaide vs Richmond for this years GF ??
I remember saying something very similar once, I declared that due to the even competition, the draft etc that no team would ever again win back to back flags.

That was at the start of the 1998 season.

No. The Crows have been a finals side since 2015 and have been better every year. The Crows are also a relatively young side which means that they have a few more years together yet. I think the Crows have no excuses to not be around the top 4 for another 3 seasons. I believe the Western Bulldogs have slid badly because they don't have a good coach. The problems with Stringer most likely exist with other players as well. The players simply don't seem interested in playing for Luke as many players just stalled or went backwards. I can't see Richmond sliding either.

Not sure how to answer the poll really, this could be a sign of the AFL finally achieving their ideal of a balanced competition where all teams are in the hunt over a period of years.

After next week 10 or the 18 clubs will have played in grand finals since 2007.

Every year the premiers game is analyzed, duplicated or dismembered. Building a dynasty is complicated.

It may be harder to build a team that multi top 4 finishes like Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong have done in the past 12 years.

For those of us following Adelaide or Richmond a dynasty is the last thing on our mind ... for the first time in a very long time for both of us ..'one week at a time' actually means something. Go Tiges

No. The Crows have been a finals side since 2015 and have been better every year. The Crows are also a relatively young side which means that they have a few more years together yet. I think the Crows have no excuses to not be around the top 4 for another 3 seasons. I believe the Western Bulldogs have slid badly because they don't have a good coach. The problems with Stringer most likely exist with other players as well. The players simply don't seem interested in playing for Luke as many players just stalled or went backwards. I can't see Richmond sliding either.

Slid because they were never that good, just a fairytale

Possibly.

But this season has been so even we might see Melbourne and Port play off next year.

In the 90s it wasn’t uncommon to have two completely different sides play off one year to the next. That’s what the last two seasons have felt like, a return to 90s unpredictability.

Back