Universal Love Premiership Celebration - December 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno mate but we all sang our guts out. I have the worst voice in the world - I belted it out like Elvis on turps.

It was thrilling to see Noel McMahen up on the big screen - he clearly still has petrol in the tank. No sighting or reference to John Beckwith who is another Premiership Captain.

I have watched the end of the Third Quarter more than most - say, sixty times. With today's ceremonies, consummatum est: it is complete. It is time to move on. We want the MCG to shake in its roots next September when we go back to back. Now, it is all about 2022.

What was today like? Estimated crowd? Atmosphere?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Great atmosphere day.

Kids and adults singing and dancing in the stands.

Can't beat reliving grand final game watching it with fellow fans.

I was a bit nervous at half time but we came through with the goods

Around 35,000.

Robbo sang 4 great songs.

Emotional to see Neale Daniher and great recognition of Broadbridge, Stynes and past greats.

Should give the players a boost to know how much we love them.

Very proud day

Well done MFC.

The club has just uploaded a video of the MFC website where Noel McMahen is visited by the cup. He is 95 years old. I reckon there is one reason in particular that is keeping him on his feet - one of the nurses is so hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just seeing some videos being posted of the day. The handing down of the cup through the generations of Dees legends looked awesome, chills just watching it. Great idea.

Well done Victorian Melbourne folk. Appreciated the videos and reports. Sounds like mostly a great day for all. I am now inspired to watch the replay again - there are still a few words from the multiple streams I am not getting totally correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming they were selling memberships. Many people lining up?
They had a special fort he day, 3 game membership for $65 which is a bargain in my opinion. 7 of us signed up straight away, they did say we already have around 30k members and we are aiming for 65k this year.

Don't worry Bevo has his flag and another coming in 22.
Good luck with that mate.
Gawny already promised a flag in front of a home crowd. Gawny is a man of his word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back