Premiership trophy cabinets

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how the Victorian clubs want to include their VFL flags in the AFL competition which actually began officially in 1990. Maybe Fremantle should start including the 42 WAFL flags that the two Fremantle clubs have won together, or the one that Peel won on the weekend?

Began officially? It was a name change.
Brownlow still the Brownlow.
Coleman still the Coleman.
Norm Smith still the Norm Smith.
Besides, that clubs don't count VFA flags pre 1897 highlights the point.

Do they have empty cases for Freo etc?
Another gutless anti freo troll... Get your facts right. Freo won a McClelland trophy last year. That is in our cabinet. Again no more jokes about our empty trophy cabinet.

I visited the site yesterday, there was no case for GC, GWS and Fremantle.
Really?

1999 cup has "North Melbourne Football Club playing as the Kangaroos" engraved on it. Engraver earned his keep that day.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    616.5 KB · Views: 35
Makes me laugh every time a North fan mentions the gold cup like anyone should really give a s**t.

You're reading into what I said.

Out of 120 identical cups one is gold. I was curious how much that one different cup stands out visually.

If I was in charge it would have been silver, since the centenary was just incidental. There was nothing special about winning that year over any other so modifying the cup was innapropriate.

I hate how simpletons like you on this board reduce everyone down to an identity of the clubs, as if who you follow is a huge deal.

Out of 120 identical cups one is gold. I was curious how much that one different cup stands out visually.

If I was in charge it would have been silver, since the centenary was just incidental. There was nothing special about winning that year over any other so modifying the cup was innapropriate.

I hate how simpletons like you on this board reduce everyone down to an identity of the clubs, as if who you follow is a huge deal.

Had a look yesterday and it didn't stand out at all. I assume it's faded significantly in 20 years as a lot of them have.

I wonder what Roylion thinks of Fitzroys cups being lumped in with Brisbane Lions. Should have had a seperate Fitzroy case.
Surely Fitzroy's cups are in whatever garage the club is being run out of?

The Bears rebranded as the Lions, still two separate clubs I thought...

Another gutless anti freo troll... Get your facts right. Freo won a McClelland trophy last year. That is in our cabinet. Again no more jokes about our empty trophy cabinet.

Really?

I thnk he was talking about this display.

What do you think they would use for GWS, GC, and Freo? Borrow one from the hawks?

Really?
But you don't keep the McClelland trophy as soon as the next season is finished the new minor premier takes possession of it. Meaning Sydney have it now meaning you can't even hang your hat on that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoa - way to overreact there.
It was a genuine question. As I understand it these cabinets at the MCG have premiership cups in them. If that is the case why would your McClelland trophy be there?

Calm down just an observation. You DID just talk about it. North fans usually are the only ones who bring it up.

Port do the same thing in the SANFL disguised themselves as the Port Magpies when in reality the Port magpies died at the end of the 2013 season,
In fairness to the dockers though, West Coast do the same thing for East Perth and they stink

But you don't keep the McClelland trophy as soon as the next season is finished the new minor premier takes possession of it. Meaning Sydney have it now meaning you can't even hang your hat on that
So I hear Freos AFL cabinet is pretty bare.
Refer to Crow28 post on post #174

I thnk he was talking about this display.

What do you think they would use for GWS, GC, and Freo? Borrow one from the hawks?
possibly....
Whoa - way to overreact there.
It was a genuine question. As I understand it these cabinets at the MCG have premiership cups in them. If that is the case why would your McClelland trophy be there?
Because the McCllelland trophy is a legit and real prize. You say premiership cabinet.

I say Trophy cabinet to be precise. Again... McClelland trophy is a legit trophy.

As stated on post #174 on this thread...

The main McClelland board stayed with us until 2016, that is now belong to the swans. it gets rotated every year.

We also get a wooden plaque or wooden trophy to keep to prove that we won it in 2015. Do you understand?

Some freo fans disagree with it but I dont give a stuff. We won a trophy in 2015. It wasnt the premiership but better than nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back