Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

They won’t offer it. They’ll find some convoluted way of trying to find a mid/late first rounder and offer that.

sure, then the situation wont have changed from the previous year - offer not good enough, dunkley still contracted, and dunks gets another year to ponder a club that apparently wants him, but only if he comes cheap.

dons will have to surprise us

serioussam.gif

Last edited:
sure, then the situation wont have changed from the previous year - offer not good enough, dunkley still contracted, and dunks gets another year to ponder a club that apparently wants him, but only if he comes cheap.

dons will have to surprise us

View attachment 1043341

And then the year after they'd offer a second round pick, Essington supporters will cry he's uncontracted so should cost nothing, and Dunkley will either re-sign or walk to the PSD where whatever club finished last will snap him up in an instant knowing that he's too much of a professional to not play even if he doesn't want to be there.

And then the year after they'd offer a second round pick, Essington supporters will cry he's uncontracted so should cost nothing, and Dunkley will either re-sign or walk to the PSD where whatever club finished last will snap him up in an instant knowing that he's too much of a professional to not play even if he doesn't want to be there.
Essendon might have the first pick in the psd the way they are looking and if dodoro is still around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our success next year is going to be somewhat dependent on the ability of Smith, Treloar or Macrae to turn into a gun wingman. I wish we had better access to pre-season reports etc to see what the plan is.

Our success next year is going to be somewhat dependent on the ability of Smith, Treloar or Macrae to turn into a gun wingman. I wish we had better access to pre-season reports etc to see what the plan is.

Vandermeer in the mix, I rate that boy very highly. Superb drafting.

He could be our first 3rd Generation player if he is good enough to get drafted

Alan "Butch" Edwards would disagree

Butch Edwards 12 games for Footscray in 1984
Arthur Edwards (father) 120 games for Footscray 1951-1960 (1954 GF player)
Frank "Dolly" Aked Jnr (grandfather) 108 games for Footscray 1925-1932

Vandermeer in the mix, I rate that boy very highly. Superb drafting.
Seems he's already turned into what the club was hoping Richards would be. Very high impact-per-possession half forward / wing. Love him on the wing but he's one of the few smalls on our list who can have an impact up forward. Can't go wrong either way

I have a feeling that Roarke and Hayes will get first crack at the wings
If we have to sit through another game of Will "KMart Lachie Hunter" Hayes playing on the wing opposite to Hunter, I think I'll spew. I'm a patient man when it comes to developing players (hence my staunch defending of Gardner every week) but Hayes offers nothing that we don't already get from Hunter, and is a downgrade in every facet

If we have to sit through another game of Will "KMart Lachie Hunter" Hayes playing on the wing opposite to Hunter, I think I'll spew. I'm a patient man when it comes to developing players (hence my staunch defending of Gardner every week) but Hayes offers nothing that we don't already get from Hunter, and is a downgrade in every facet
Mum can we stop for Lachie Hunter?

Mum: We’ve got Lachie Hunter at home...

The Lachie Hunter at home

1611225815840.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back