Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

He does ok when he faces the media, but what he's like in front of a group of players, telling them what to do, my impression (and basically we have no idea!) is that he leaves the talking to others.

Loves a good ol’ “umm”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Jong’s fit, can see him in a fwd flank role. Similar role to what McLean did last year but with a stronger aerial game.

He’s never really played a genuine mid role previously so having the chocked midfield isn’t a hindrance to him getting game time imo.
Yes, I agree. He is also probably ahead of Lipinski given that he is fearless.

I thought I was the biggest Jong fan going around fellas but we don't recruit Hannan so we can play Jong ahead of him, out of position, on a forward flank. Hannan's the 22nd bloke selected in the team and Jong's probably first emergency.

Not understanding the Hannan love on here. I accept he has previously had good VFL performances and played some (many?) good games for Melbourne but latest performances was not good enough to play for a poor Demons side. Are posters rating him on potential or have you seen something?

Given the additions to our side I think he still misses out (as do the three players you mentioned).
Hannan will miss the early rounds but will come in later. Stef Martin plays when fit, and JUH may well push for early selection too. We also have VDM to come back and he's a lock in my side.
It’s a good problem to have

Hopefully there is a proper 2nd Tier VFL or whatever they call it this year as we will have some good players not getting an AFL game

Not understanding the Hannan love on here. I accept he has previously had good VFL performances and played some (many?) good games for Melbourne but latest performances was not good enough to play for a poor Demons side. Are posters rating him on potential or have you seen something?
Super quick

He had some injuries at the Dees and in that time was replaced by Bailey Fritsch who is a pretty good player himself

I would be fine if Dunkley goes at the end of the year. We’ll get more this year than we would’ve last.

I think either way he needs to be in our starting midfield this year. Imo he would’ve last year anyway if not for injury.

He looks in unbelievable touch, for all the knocks said over the trade period (well mostly about Andrew lol) Josh seems like a true professional.

I would be fine if Dunkley goes at the end of the year. We’ll get more this year than we would’ve last.

I think either way he needs to be in our starting midfield this year. Imo he would’ve last year anyway if not for injury.

He looks in unbelievable touch, for all the knocks said over the trade period (well mostly about Andrew lol) Josh seems like a true professional.
I’m sure if his form warrants it he will play there

Jamarra has trained all week this week. And the clubs social media team hasn’t posted any content of him at all. And yet, have posted all week images of Wood, Crozier. Why not give the fans an insight of how he’s settling in? And give the fans something to get excited about. They haven’t even interviewed him at all since he’s been at the club even before Christmas. Talk about a buzz kill.

Jamarra has trained all week this week. And the clubs social media team hasn’t posted any content of him at all. And yet, have posted all week images of Wood, Crozier. Why not give the fans an insight of how he’s settling in? And give the fans something to get excited about. They haven’t even interviewed him at all since he’s been at the club even before Christmas. Talk about a buzz kill.

Wouldn’t surprise if the clubs decided to hold him back from too much media.
There has been fair bit of hysteria over the last 12 months for him, which probably isn’t great for an 18yr old kid who hasn’t played footy in 18 mths. Can completely understand the clubs decision to let him focus on his footy for a little while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be fine for Dunkley to be VC this year if he gives his all. Also bumps up his value if he chooses to leave.

If he does choose to leave, this time around there may be a few clubs interested not just the Dons, which is helpful to us.

I would be fine for Dunkley to be VC this year if he gives his all. Also bumps up his value if he chooses to leave.

If he does choose to leave, this time around there may be a few clubs interested not just the Dons, which is helpful to us.
Losing a vice captain only 7 years after losing our captain wouldn't be the greatest look for the club. I'll be shocked if it's anyone other than Wallis

Why would we get more this year than last? One less year on his contract and a much better draft so teams won’t want to be giving up top end picks.

I like that.

Why would we get more this year than last? One less year on his contract and a much better draft so teams won’t want to be giving up top end picks.
I guess it boils down to how he performs this season. If he replicates his 2019 form, or even succeeds that, there's every chance Dodo will offer their first round pick like he offered last year, only this time he'll improve his offer by throwing in a box of used syringes.

I am Jong fan but unless we get injuries he'll struggle to get a game. Knowing his luck he'll probably be injury-free for the first time in 5 years and won't be able to get a game because of the Treloar/Dunkley combo.
Well, if history is anything to go by, the few times he's had full pre-seasons, he's been in the round 1 side. 2015 and 2017 were his only full pre-seasons since moving off the rookie list and was selected for round 1. You can also add in his round 2 selection last year after the covid break (which was basically round 1 after a mini pre-season). Even if he doesn't get selected round 1, with the exception of 2019 (where he was injured for the most of the early part of the season), from 2014, he's been selected within the first 3 rounds. He's proven to be a strong performer during pre-season, so if he stays injury-free, he'll likely get games.

Ok we will see but I don’t see any need to be panicking about it either way.

Btw I reckon Papley will go all right for the Swans this year

Hmm, i’ll pay that - fair point.

Papley is a great example.

Look i’d love Dunkley to stay - i reckon he’s a star inside mid.

Hope i’m wrong about him leaving us...

Hmm, i’ll pay that - fair point.

Papley is a great example.

Look i’d love Dunkley to stay - i reckon he’s a star inside mid.

Hope i’m wrong about him leaving us...
Maybe by the end of this season the club will have lifted its standards and the culture that he found wanting will again meet with his approval ... 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back