Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpson been pinch hitting in the mids a bit, think it was him with a nice inside gather to win the clearance
He showed similar strength to beat off Serong just then he’s a player for sure

Q1 Wrap
  • Ball movement was excellent I thought and a good balance between fast and controlled. Still couple of fluffs in the handball chain running into F50 where a couple of top-ups though they were playing WAFL still but that’s obviously not a reflection on the squad
  • One player that hasn’t been mentioned much this preseason is Pearce but I don’t know, I think we’ll see more of his best this year. Doing a lot down back whichever team he’s on
  • Darcy obliterated Dogga in the ruck, Serong dominant as always and Fyfe continues to look strong as * and impossible to stop feeding it out.
They are looking good in the middle for sure. Fyfe the stand out in there with Johnson having good moments too

Q2
  • There was about 5 minutes where skills fell off a bit and they were lazy but I was again happy with the movement and intent. Use the corridor, take risks. Didn’t always come off and they were definitely slower on occasions but it was a good style of footy
  • People are going to be asking how the * Simpson went in the 30s pretty quickly
  • Biggest issue on ball movement is not putting the final touch on run and carry chains. I’m confident this is an experience thing, just often bite off one too many
  • Davies and Ryan have been very important for purple down back, have stopped a lot of attacks. Good return to form for Hugh
  • Brayshaw everywhere, Johnson class when he gets it, would like him to get it a little bit more. Sharp won’t win games by himself but he’ll fill a role nicely.
  • Dogga has been a very angry man with some of his tackling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feisty enough out there, bit of push and shove between Young and Serong ends up with Sebba giving away a free kick and 50

Last edited:
Brodie’s kicking still liable to be somewhat hit or miss, just overcooked a pass to Voss that worked out for Dogga, who after a few handballs put through the snap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back