Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Are our skills that much worse than this time last year or is there just a much more realistic reporting after what happened last year?

Crikey reading these reports there is a lot to worry about. Surely not as bad as it sounds

Awful kick by Dogga i50 took purple by so much surprise moose dropped the mark, freddy got one of them HTB and about to have a shot

Freddy with a nice tackle on 45m dead in front - rewarded by the umpire and goals.

Pretty lack lustre last 2 quarters of Sim, but still hot conditions so fatigue no doubt played a role. Overall wasn't really impressed with what I watched today, with skills, lack of consistent drive off halfback and no real system going forward still glaring deficiencies. Over and out.

Crikey reading these reports there is a lot to worry about. Surely not as bad as it sounds
It’s probably not the worst I’ve seen, but still pre-season. Biggest concerns for me were the continued stagnation out of defence at times and then an instance where JL stopped play and gave a less than inspiring (and fairly mediocre if I’m honest) sounding piece of coaching to the players on their positioning. Not sure anyone came out of that thinking, yeah nice and clear, I know what I’m doing now. Bit of a worry.

Is it too much to ask for one of you track watches to buy a broadcast standard camera setup to film these sessions? Maybe chip in with some Commetti level commentary?

It’s probably not the worst I’ve seen, but still pre-season. Biggest concerns for me were the continued stagnation out of defence at times and then an instance where JL stopped play and gave a less than inspiring (and fairly mediocre if I’m honest) sounding piece of coaching to the players on their positioning. Not sure anyone came out of that thinking, yeah nice and clear, I know what I’m doing now. Bit of a worry.
Thx for the clear appraisal, reality is best!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are our skills that much worse than this time last year or is there just a much more realistic reporting after what happened last year?
I’ve been to match sims in both pre seasons and I feel like the intensity and pressure is much higher this year. Our skills looked good last year but in hindsight it didn’t prepare us for AFL level intensity at all and we played catch up all season.

I’ve been to match sims in both pre seasons and I feel like the intensity and pressure is much higher this year. Our skills looked good last year but in hindsight it didn’t prepare us for AFL level intensity at all and we played catch up all season.
Would you say the poor disposal today was a result of high pressure tackling?

Would you say the poor disposal today was a result of high pressure tackling?
To a certain degree. The players were also clearly trying to take the game on and there’s at least one non best 22 standard player in every possession chain.

Are a lot of the burned possessions from trying to play positive footy? Or are they closer to CAT10s from no pressure?

People overreact to preseason form no matter whether it's good or bad. It's natural given its the only footy we've got after 4 months. At the end of the day if we are stronger in the middle, harder to score against and have a few more avenues up forward that's all we can really hope to see at this stage. Nothing meaningful hinges on the fact that we got bogged down at half back in match simulation in february

Remove this Banner Ad

Back