Autopsy Pride in Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

10 scoring shots to 2 in the first quarter to us? Stop cherry picking stats to try and suit the story. You lost, you weren't the better side on the day. The best side on the day wins, it's really that simple.
Crapp. Like I said previously. The best side did not win on the day. The domination of the stats would more than suggest that we were the better side and had we have kicked straight in the last, we would have won. You guys were out on your feet and we were running over the top of you. Suggest that you take a reality pill and have a lie down.

Could've, would've, should've...but didn't. Let's just shake the dust from our feet and learn the lessons taught. We lost and Sydney didn't...we move on and use this as a stepping stone...we have to attack from the start, and not let opposition sides in. Sydney are a good side and knew that they simply had to put score on the board at the start to help compensate for the last quarter, which they did. 4 quarter games, that's what we need. We know we can turn it on...just need it for four quarters

Crapp. Like I said previously. The best side did not win on the day. The domination of the stats would more than suggest that we were the better side and had we have kicked straight in the last, we would have won. You guys were out on your feet and we were running over the top of you. Suggest that you take a reality pill and have a lie down.
I am just not into this logic! Yes, it was a very winnable game for us in the end, but fact is: We just couldn't nail it!! It was a great game, we had a number of likely chances in the last & couldn't convert, they had some unlikely chances & nailed them ... Yes, we were the fitter team, but we were exposed by a lack of polish in the end. They on the other hand had about $10mill bucks worth of polish! That says to me the better team won on the day!

But, look out next time, because the improvement in our young squad in incremental ... fully confident we will beat them easily at AO

I'm very proud of the boys. I do see the positives in us winning so many key stats but the Swans were able to keep us at arms' length for most of the day. We nearly got them and I'm sure we'll get them next time, and the time after that ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back